Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use >

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Quilting Notions You Don't Like or Use

Old 12-02-2020, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I use the Pounce chalk marker a lot. Did you know you have to slam it about 50 times as hard as you can after filling before the initial use? After that all you have to do is swipe it across the stencil.
I think that's why mine didn't work. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2020, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I use the Pounce chalk marker a lot. Did you know you have to slam it about 50 times as hard as you can after filling before the initial use?
Sounds like a great way to de-stress!
Old 12-02-2020, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SherylM View Post
Sounds like a great way to de-stress!
I thought the same thing haha!!
Old 12-02-2020, 06:24 AM

I do not like the twister ruler. I have purchased 2 different sizes and when I try and use it I get so confused and it goes back into my template container. I am going to give it to one of my quilting friends in my group if they want it.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:57 AM

I try to use the basic rulers and try not to buy a ruler needed for a specific quilt. Have done it, used it once and there it now sits.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:12 PM

The binding tool drives me crazy. I do something wrong everytime but it seems like such a good idea that I keep trying.
It works really well to make a binding tool star quilt and the missouri star video on YouTube is very easy to follow.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:31 AM

June Taylor strip ruler with slots. Strips never straight. Ruler for making a Pineapple quilt. Heavy thimbles for hand quilting.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I've tried every thiimble know to man or woman and the only one that works for me is a leather thimble. You just have to find what works for you.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
The June Tailor shape cut ruler? mat? The plastic thingy with slots for your rotary cutter. My friend thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm glad I bought mine on sale because I have used it twice. The first time I miss cut so many strips that I had to change the pattern. The second time I guess I got too much speed going because I almost slit thru the plastic edge. I usually use a ruler and a piece of masking tape (and a role of masking tape costs a whole pile less than that June Tailor thingy)
I love mine - It's getting worn and I will replace it in a heartbeat. I simply can't cut straight without it. I even use it to square up blocks. I did purchase the one with 1/4" slots and I don't like it. Too busy.

The tool that was a waste of money for me - a walking foot. Too noisy and just don't care for using it.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:42 AM

Default Organization

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Right off the top of my head I can't come up with anything but what bugs me is forgetting what I have. Then again I'm also not the most organized person in the world.
This is why most of my stuff is out in the open where I can see it. I have RA, and the brain fog that accompanies it. I made matching fabric bins that don't have lids so I can see what I have but the matching bins tend to make it look less cluttered - more cohesive. And everything needs to go right back where it belongs as soon as I'm done or I can't find it. lol

Before I did this, I couldnt' tell you how many times I repurchased something because I couldn't remember having it already.