Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Quilts >

Quilting Quilts

Quilting Quilts

Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 AM

That is so cool.
Thanks for the help everyone.
You can PM me contact info, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Kirsten
Old 06-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Every longarm quilter has their preferences for how much extra they want on the backing and batting. My gal wants an extra 4 inches all around. I bring her the top, batting and backing. We pick out the design from the many she has and we pick out the color of the thread. I call her a couple weeks before I bring it to her and she schedules me for whenever I need it. Last one was 2 weeks and she called me the day before the deadline. She will do binding for $15 (twin) $20 (queen) $25 (king). I prefer to do my own. She charges .0125 cents per square inch. Another I've used gets .0150 cents and wants 6 inches extra batting and backing. My gal will supply the batting for a charge but doesn't have the one I like. So check with the person first to see their requirements. They all vary sometimes due to the type of frame they have.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:20 AM

Its funny you should mention Fresno, there is another couple of ladies that do longarm in Aubery and they are fantastic. Anyone that would like info contact me and I will send it. They are just starting up in business, been at it only about a yr. so can use some extra help.

Rita
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 PM

I know a lady in Bakersfield who does great work. She has won awards on her own quilts. She went to Long Arm University when she got her Millinium. If anyone wants her info, please PM me, and I will provide.