Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Retreats >

Quilting Retreats

Quilting Retreats

Old 02-17-2011, 08:34 PM

I have only been to retreat once....so far! I won the grand prize.....free room and board this year!!!!
I totally enjoyed it and am very much looking forward to going this year. I took a small portable ironing board with me and my iron, but didn't need it. We had so many there that we shared. I stayed up till 4 the first morning and 2 the next morning. We had games and door prizes and lots of fun! We stay at a Bed & Breakfast in Medora, ND and the owners are fabulous! They are great cooks and you want for nothing! Have fun, take a few projects so you don't get bored!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM

I'm sure the others would be more than happy to give you input and advice on your projects. Take several projects. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done. You might want to take Advil PM or something to help you sleep in a room with others. Possibly some ear plugs too. Those were provided at the one I went on. Maybe they have a website where they list the things they supply. My friends each brought a small table that they set beside them with a small cutting mat, ironing board and iron. That way they didn't have to get up every couple of minutes when working on blocks. That was a terrific idea that I plan to use in the future. The one I went on there were 4 of us quilters along with 18 scrapbookers. Those scrapbooking women are wild!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM

That sounds like alot of fun......enjoy yourself!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 AM

I want to go to one now that I hear about the fun times everyone had. I will have to look into seeing if there is one close by. Flying would be okay, if I didn't have to bring a machine and iron.