Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilting room advice

Blog Entries
    Go BIG... You won't be unhappy if it's plenty big, but you can get very unhappy and overwhelmed when your work area is too small to work in comfortably!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...AC3300A534.png Life is good when you're busy with babies.

Quote Originally Posted by shayzamn View Post
    There are computer programs out there that will let you "build" a room and move stuff around in it. You might look into that - there are some inexpensive programs (about $10 at Half Price Books, I think), and you could play with different size rooms and see what they would look like.
    I think I'd go with this suggestion.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

When we built this house, dh gave me a lovely little 10 x 10 room to make my own - he took the 1500 sf on the one side and made a shop with it. We have a family/tv room that is as large as my hubbies shop - teehee - it is now also my sewing room. My long arm goes across width wise. I have a dining table that holds my sewing machines, a large cutting board & iron set up, plus my tv & couches & fabric storage. I am so lucky my dh has hobbies and wants me to be happy doing mine. Of course this took some time - I just kept spreading out!!!! lol
    Judi in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by deborahlees View Post
    think about this.....could any room really be big enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean think of all the room you would need for just the fabric. Let alone a design wall, the biggest long arm you could find....and not to mention the huge cutting table, a computer, a tv, a large ironing board, at least 4 sewing machines , maybe a washer and dryer...a wet bar with coffee pot, microwave, popcorn maker, and a wine frig....now that is only the beginning......let me wish anyway
    now you're talkin sister!!!

I moved into a 3bedroom house, my son took the wall out between two bedrooms and made a sewing room it's great, I have room for all the toys and needs to haves, including turning one wall into a felt staging space

I have locking wheels on my quilting table, a suggestion from my Gammil dealer, and can push it against a wall when not in use, and can angle it out from the wall if I want to do pantograph quilting. It takes up only 4 feet in width when not in use (I have an 18 inch long arm, and the table is not as wide as those for the larger heads).

At this site you will find several different craft and sewing rooms or studios. There are some that are small and others that are much larger. http://tipnut.com/organize-sewing-ro...-buncha-links/

I feel comfortable in small room.

Blog Entries
    We built our home 4 1/2 years ago , my quilting room is 17 x 22 I love it. I have my longarm on one wall and a sewing table with machine. On the other side I have a table with my computer and 2 tables with 2 sewing machine over there. In the middle I have my cutting table. so my husband put a plug on the floor for my longarm,and the other side where my sewing machines are he put all the plugs 32" high. so I don't have to get on the floor to plug them in.I would take a picture but I don't know how to put it on the board... sorry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2