Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Software-which do you use >

Quilting Software-which do you use

Quilting Software-which do you use

Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 PM

I have been wondering about this too. I use color pencils and graph paper. I don't see me using something to advanced. Just to sketch a design out and see what it might look like with the fabric. What is the difference between EQ6 and EQ7? There is a big jump there.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 PM

I know everyone loves EQ, but I have to put in a word for Quilt Pro. I have both programs and find I go to Quilt Pro for most of my project. In fact, my avatar is a QP design. I guess it depends on what you want. EQ has more realistic graphics for the fabric, but I find QP easier to use for drawing shapes. The latest version, QP6 has fabric scoot which allows you to move the fabric pattern around to make it more realistic. I use it so much. I draft blocks that I see online or in magazines. Then I figure out how to construct them. This method has taught me so much.
Good luck. Both programs are good.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 AM

I have EQ7, having upgraded from 6. It is brilliant! I use a lot of photos in my quilts and it's easy to bring them in and edit them. The programme is also excellent if you are foundation piecing. It will print out the papers for you in the order in which they need to be sewn.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by marknfran
Originally Posted by Roseysue
I want to buy a quilting software program.

What has been your experience with which program and which one would you recommend and why?

Thanks for the help. I want to have the program which is the most popular as well as the easiest to use.
I was trying the 30 day free trial of 123Quilt and decided to buy it. Tried to download after paying for it and it kept stopping half way. So, I paid the extra to have the disk sent to me. Today I got the disk. Now it will not download because it says it is not compatible with my computer. I have a Windows Vista 64 bit. They said if any problems please call them. Well, I have and had to leave a message. Have not heard back yet. Sure hope I am not screwed!!!
Their representative has contacted me and are sending me a new disk for my computer. Good response.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 AM

I think if you have EQ5 you can just buy the upgrade to EQ7...In fact I know because that is what I did....for like 79.00
Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 AM

Jbarrow, do you remember where you got it for that price? The EQ website is allowing us a $50 discount, I think, which still makes it about $140.