Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Software >

Quilting Software

Quilting Software

Old 07-10-2014, 03:28 PM

Does anyone know what the difference is between Quilt Pro 6 and EQ7 other than the price?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:26 AM

Kani,

Have you used Quilt Pro before? I am trying to find users to get their opinions. I have a MAC. I have been able to locate a lot of EQ7 users and I want to compare the two software packages prior to purchasing. I have been in contact with Quilt Pro via email. Below is the email address and name. Linda was very responsive and helpful to me. You may also check on their website. www.quiltpro.com

Linda
Quilt Pro Tech Support
Email: [email protected]

I hope this helps you!
Mary Earle
Old 07-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Thank you Mary. No I haven't used Quilt Pro before. I have an older version of EQ I think it is EQ3 or 4. I liked it but my old pc crashed.
I am looking for something I could draw my own patterns in as well as use the blocks that are on the program.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Please realize that everyone is different. We all have different learning styles and processes. Don't allow yourself to be deterred by other people's experiences, because yours could be different and you won't know until you try.
I totally agree. If all you're used to is office software (Excel/Word,etc.), it might take a bit longer to get used to it. If you use graphic software, you learning curve/time will be greatly reduced. EQ has great tutorial videos, within the program, on their site and on youtube. I love it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM

On EQ7's site there is a good four part class, free. At least I think it's still up. When the MAC program first started I jumped at it. I'm sure I'll have to refer many times to the lessons but at least I have them. There are lots of tutorials online and here on the boards too.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
There have been many recent post on EQ. I agree with Dunster but I have EQ5. I have had two previous versions of the software. I like it because I can draw almost any quilt I see. With patterns, I can adjust the size of the block instantly. If you like paper piecing, it prints out patterns as separate units with seam allowance and the order to do the stitching. There is a learning curve to the program but that is the way it is with any software.
This sounds so convenient! Will have to look into it.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:32 PM

jokir44 - Do you like the EQ for the MAC? Have you had any problems with it? Any comment or advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Mary Earle
Old 07-14-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mary Earle View Post
jokir44 - Do you like the EQ for the MAC? Have you had any problems with it? Any comment or advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Mary Earle
Don't use it but I did just read on someone's blog that it's on sale now somewhere.
Let me see if I can find it.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 AM

Found it!

Huh, it's on Joann's site. That's kind of surprising.
http://www.joann.com/electric-quilt-.../13702337.html

fwiw, that's a GREAT price.

eta: online only

Last edited by indigofab; 07-14-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:33 AM

I have EQ and discovered that while it was fun to play around with, I never actually made a quilt using it. For me, once I get fabric in hand, I get inspired as to what "the fabric tells me to do with it." I always end up making a quilt totally different than the one I started out with on EQ. Granted, you can insert your own fabric into the program, but it is not the same as the real thing.