Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilting suggestions please

NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Quilting suggestions please

Just. Completed a wall hanging using the Shenendoah pattern. I used a lovely Monet type flower print. Sorry, can’t Post picture. Anyone do this pattern! How do I quilt it? Any suggestions on designs?
    TIA

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Here is a similar idea where a digital fabric panel has been fragmented and machine quilted. This was a sample at the Quilted Bear quilt retreat recently. Maybe it might give you some ideas for your pattern. Name:  P1130407 (Small).JPG
Views: 1134
Size:  46.8 KBName:  P1130408 (Small).JPG
Views: 1130
Size:  63.0 KB

hmmm... I've purchased that dahlia print in a number of different colors. I hadn't thought about using Shenandoah on it, however. Good idea.

I have quilted large Shenandoah quilts for a couple of friends. As I recall I did a free motion all-over design, much like the above quilt. For a flower, however, I would try something to bring out the individual petals. If you search for "Dream Big panel" you will see several lovely examples of how this particular panel was quilted. My favorite is by Margaret Solomon Gunn - http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/2018/03/bitten.html

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'd probably pick out the flower motifs and repeat in the stripes that are flower, SID around the inner, thin border, and then do a denser fill pattern in the solid.

Gorgeous!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    ...My favorite is by Margaret Solomon Gunn - http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/2018/03/bitten.html
    thanks for this link ... wow for the quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.