Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilting supplies from Lowe's! >

quilting supplies from Lowe's!

quilting supplies from Lowe's!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
We have all at one time or another went shopping at Lowe's, Home Depot or the local hardware store for something we could use in the sewing/quilting room right???

well., this weekend, I heard of the NEWEST craze that is at the Hardware stores. I have Lowe's here, so I went online to verify they had this product...sure enough...

It is a Canvas painter's drop cloth. It is available in 8oz or 10oz and in many sizes.
Get this, it is 100% tight woven cotton canvas and the 4' x 5' in the 8oz weight is only.....$6.00!!!!

Do you know that Sharon Schamber recommends using Canvas to cover your ironing surface?

Do you know how many tote bags you can dye, paint, etc out of a canvas this size??..have you priced canvas lately?? Hancock fabrics has a piece that is 30" x 36" for $6.00! By the yard at 48" wide it is $7.00 yd. (I tried Joanns, but their site is down!)

Either way you look at it, this canvas drop cloth is super amazing. I bought one today, in this size, and man...it is super nice!

RUN to Lowe's and check it out!
They have the rubberized ones that make great totes. Have one airing out it the garage now, can't handle the smell, like new shower curtains, I'm going to do some pictures on mine before I sew the tote.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:14 AM

DH took a triple dresser that we don't use any more and put a board on top. I covered the board with a layer of cotton batting and then made a canvas cover for it. It makes a large ironing surface and the drawer space is wonderful. You can never have too much storage space.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I need to recover my ironing surface. It is 24" x 60". This will be much less expensive and a
much heavier cover.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the info. Quilters are the bestest sharers in the world. Gotta luv 'em
Old 11-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Thanks Jacquie, great information. Sounds like a deal. Should be lots of things to make with it, beach bags, diaper bags, picnic tablecloth just to name a few. I'm still unhappy with the board and was thinking about leaving it but I love all the information and helpful hints I find on here. I finally found that clicking on archives and then pictures was the way to go to see what everone was making but the pictures are so slow downloading that I don't want to wait on. I know I'm impatient but I don't have the time to sit here waiting. I need to be sewing more.

sassy granny
Old 11-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Red face canvas from Lowe's

[
WOW - this is a great hint - can't wait for my next trip to Lowe's! thanks

QUOTE=jaciqltznok;4715376]We have all at one time or another went shopping at Lowe's, Home Depot or the local hardware store for something we could use in the sewing/quilting room right???

well., this weekend, I heard of the NEWEST craze that is at the Hardware stores. I have Lowe's here, so I went online to verify they had this product...sure enough...

It is a Canvas painter's drop cloth. It is available in 8oz or 10oz and in many sizes.
Get this, it is 100% tight woven cotton canvas and the 4' x 5' in the 8oz weight is only.....$6.00!!!!

Do you know that Sharon Schamber recommends using Canvas to cover your ironing surface?

Do you know how many tote bags you can dye, paint, etc out of a canvas this size??..have you priced canvas lately?? Hancock fabrics has a piece that is 30" x 36" for $6.00! By the yard at 48" wide it is $7.00 yd. (I tried Joanns, but their site is down!)

Either way you look at it, this canvas drop cloth is super amazing. I bought one today, in this size, and man...it is super nice!

RUN to Lowe's and check it out![/QUOTE]
Old 11-27-2011, 03:32 PM

We don't have a Lowe's in our town, so I stopped at Menards and bought a canvas drop cloth and when I opened it up, it has plastic on the back so it is water proof, I don't think I can use this on my ironing board...I can't seperate the plastic either from the canvas...Oh well, will try Home DePot or Fleet Farm...Thanks for the tips...
Old 11-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Shermy View Post
We don't have a Lowe's in our town, so I stopped at Menards and bought a canvas drop cloth and when I opened it up, it has plastic on the back so it is water proof, I don't think I can use this on my ironing board...I can't seperate the plastic either from the canvas...Oh well, will try Home DePot or Fleet Farm...Thanks for the tips...
I was just going to put this up too. I had my brother pick me up one at Home Depot while he was there and it also has plastic on the back. Not good on an ironing board. I will try Lowes next time I am over that way.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Great info! Thank you very much!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Painters canvas

Have used this for years to create fabric art. Makes grate tote bags, wallets aprons and more.