Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts and colors >

Quilts and colors

Quilts and colors

Old 01-15-2011, 05:07 AM

I make what appeals to me at the time and hang it wherever there is a place for it at the time. I just like looking at them. I rotate them often and enjoy them all over again. It's my house and my quilts!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 AM

Your SIL just doesn't the TRUE quilter in you, bless her heart. If your house were all matchey matchey, it would 1; look like a furniture store or 2 look like a funeral home. I call such "wild cards" eye candy. LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 05:08 AM

Your SIL just doesn't the TRUE quilter in you, bless her heart. If your house were all matchey matchey, it would 1; look like a furniture store or 2 look like a funeral home. I call such "wild cards" eye candy. LOL
Old 01-15-2011, 07:25 AM

OK, I've attached the 'block in question' (first picture). It really isn't bright at all, in my opinion. It is 1/4 of the full paper-pieced block. I'm thinking of putting it smack dab in the middle of my kitchen island, and having the new 'kitchen color' to be blue & purple.

She also turned up her nose a bit at my daughter's quilt-in-process. Yeah, now THAT'S bright! ha ha I let her pick the colors herself. She's 10 and tickled with it. I was working on this one last night, and my eyes are going crossed with the layout. The pattern is Eleanor Burn's Lover's Knot. And, get this, her room is painted bright orange! The name of the paint color she picked was Laughing Orange.

Do ya like my home-made design board? It's two hooks over top my set of closet doors in my sewing room. I used a shower curtain rod and made a quick sleeve in some flannel. Works great, and yes, it's a lovely BRIGHT teal.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160595.jpe   attachment-160596.jpe  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Nope, no rules! Tell your sis to MYOB!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Oooo, the blue and purple are MY colors!! Beautiful! Can you post a pic when you get more of it done please?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM

You're the quilt maker. You do it as you please. She does not need to say anything unless she is asked. You go girl and do as you please.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 AM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your daughter's quilt. It's gorgeous!!!! Clever idea on the design wall! I use a flannel-backed tablecloth that I can roll up with the blocks inside and move to my sewing room.
BTW, I was reading in a design magazine several months ago that purple is the new "in" color for kitchens! You are cutting edge!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Do ya like my home-made design board? ... Works great, and yes, it's a lovely BRIGHT teal.
You GO Girl! (at least yours is in another room, I had to use a rod across the entryway by the front door! Oh well, makes a cute little curtain as I'm arranging blocks :) ) I say "peashaw" on her comments ~ It only matters what YOU like... and I like the purple/blue/black. (I'm thinking she's a little jealous of your talent and its coming off as 'tude / snub). What does she know? Nadda!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 AM

Are you happy with your house? Yes? Then don't worry about what others think. You're the one that lives there, not them. Chances are there are things about their homes that you don't particularly care about either. tit for tat. I'm with you.