Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quilts in Progress

nab
    I didn't know I was suppose to keep count.

I have a list tacked above my sewing machine that is divided into 4 categories: in progress, to be quilted, need a picture for my journal and want to do. This week, I got the list down to this. Still seems overwhelming, but much more manageable. Yesterday, I got two from the to be quilted category to the pic needed column. I'm hoping to get the bindings tacked down tonight, labels made, quilts washed, blocked, wrapped, cards made and given to the new parents Sunday at church.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I have in progress 1 double quilt, 1 Christmas quilt, 4 skirts fort gd and one cross stitch for ggd. I think that is enough for now,

I only work on one project at a time and when i finish that then I start on another one. It sounds like I might be one of few but that is the way I work,(sorry). :cry:

6 - 2 to be quilted, 1 waiting to get sashing material, one baby quilt waiting to finish after I find out if it's a boy or girl, a Sampler for a day bed, and a kalieoscope I just started playing with to try it, and I'm ending up making it into a lap quilt.

Two and one in the planning stage

When I started quilting I used to do one project at a time and wouldn't start another one until I finsihed the first one. It took me three years before I had a UFO. Now I do have UFO's as I realised the wasted time I had when I would stall at a stage and not really want to be working on that particular part. I work on a little something else and then go back to that one where I'm a little stuck. So I guess there are many styles to work in but once you have a quilt in your hands - no ones knows which style you use.

I am one of those people who always finished a project before starting another. Saying this though I currently have a project underway which I may not finish before starting something new because my heart just isn't in it right now :(

Maybe1day

I would rather not have to many projects going at once. I tend to forget what I'm supposed to be doing. I am finishing up 1 lap quilt for DD for Christmas and plan to start Monday on jean rag quilt for son for Christmas. I'm planning pot holders and pincushions for gifts, pillows for myself, using old hankies and old scarves. We went through the Houston Quilt Show today and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Guess you would consider me an unusual organized person. I start to finish whatever quilt I am doing. At one time I had several to finish and it drove me nuts....and I said never again. Now I find more joy and satisfaction in giving all my attention to one quilting project at a time!
    Plus, I manage to quilt more than when I had several waiting for my attention.

Blog Entries
    Every one has been so kind telling me about their UFO'S. Loved all the comments, It has been fun, now it's my turn.

Have 4 tables runners,10 Lap Quilts for the wounded, 32 pot pinchers, 4 pairs of pants to hem, a crib quilt to make before May, a Christmas Swap block, A friend Swap block, a crocheted hat and scarf to match and (brain turn) Thats all I can think of right now. But keep up the fun. Will post some of my UFO'S if I ever get them done.

Good sewing to all!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I forgot: a full sized quilt started for myself, Log cabin pattern and a quilt as you go for a young lady who feels like my own daughter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker
    Guess you would consider me an unusual organized person. I start to finish whatever quilt I am doing. At one time I had several to finish and it drove me nuts....and I said never again. Now I find more joy and satisfaction in giving all my attention to one quilting project at a time!
    Plus, I manage to quilt more than when I had several waiting for my attention.
    You are a wonderfully organized person. Like you, I would go nuts if I had to work on just one at a time. Congratulations on your success!

I have 2 - one for each of my married daughters & their husbands for Christmas - not sure I'll get them done by then though

I have about six, but many more in mind!

I made a lap quilt from that pattern and it was all hand pieced and quilted. Also got a blue ribbon 1st place on it.

When I started I only did one at a time also. But have since changed. I have 6 at the present that I am working on.

1. yellow brick road
    2. king size sampler.
    3. bug jar converted to antique mason jar quilt
    4. baby quilt
    5. puppy rag quilt
    6. teddy rag quilt
    7. mini quilts that need top stitching( 7 of them)
    8 cardinal wall hanging
    9. heart wall hanging
    All in stages of production when my lab sent my kenmore off the table...it no longer sews straight. borrowed a machine a few weeks ago and still haven't turned it on(i now have custody of my grandson...very long sad story..he is 11 months old)

Amemoiry quilt for my brother: on the frame, partially quilted

a charity quilt: need to piece the top, 18 inch blocks, will be tied at a tie and pie party

a crib quilt waiting for quilting for my grandnephew
    a quilt top made by my mother and grandmother needs sandwiched, quilted. for my niece

have fabric for a quilt for my sister: haven't really thought a lot about it, not even sure which pattern : maybe a nine patch with an embroidered flower in the center of the blocks?

just finished a fleece crib size with embroidery

have two more cut out. I am cutting the fleece to size, using a decorative stitch around the edge, then a border of machine embroidery and monogram. not realy quilting, but projecyts, nevertheless. I want to make the same for each of my grandkids, but haven't purchased anything, so i can't really claim ufo, here.
    Many more planned, but not much started>>>

I guess that I am one of the very few...I only have 1 project going right now. I can only work on 1 at a time because I cannot take the mess and dis-organization. Everything has to be picked up at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    I like the quilt that quiltsRfun has as her avatar can anyone help me out what it is ???
    HI GUYS, I HAVE TWO QUILTS GOING. ONE IS A SUNBONNET SUE THAT ENDED UP TO BE MUCH LARGER THEN I THOUGHT. IF I DON'T FINISH IT SOON, I'M GOING TO HATE THIS QUILT. LOL. IT IS GOING TO BE VERY PRETTY WHEN IT'S DONE. NOT MUCH MORE TO GO AND THE OTHER IS A DARLING BULLDOG QUILT FOR MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW FOR CHRISTMAS. SHE HAS HER BABY AMOS. VERY CUTE ENGLISH BULLDOG FABRIC I FOUND, DOING BORDERS RIGHT NOW.

It would be easier to count the completed projects as there are way more "in progress" than there are finished ones. And I am retired and can spend all day quilting if I want, but I get burned out and have to take a break

HI PATIMINT, WHAT A SMALL WORLD.. WE HAVE FRIENDS IN HAMIILTON. THEY COME OVER HERE OFTEN BUT WE HAVE NOT BEEN OVER THERE. I HEAR IT'S A NICE PLACE TO LIVE. GET'S LOTS OF SNOW !!!I'M RETIRED TOO AND I SHOULD GET MORE DONE THEN I DO. I THINK WE ALL GET BURNED OUT ONCE IN AWHILE. NEED TO TAKE A BREAK...
    PUGLOVER1

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have 3 at this time and blocks for a swap, don't have anymore room to have more than that going at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    I have seven that I can think of off hand. There are probably more but maybe it's best I don't think about that.
    As long as you are having fun and it is keeping you emotionally and mentally healthy - I don't think it matters how many are 'on the go'(you can see I am not confessing to my number).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast