Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quote about quilting I really liked

Okay I recently started reading the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlene Harris (True Blood on HBO) and I came across this passage, and I thought to myself - THIS is why I like giving people quilts. It just kinda summed up what I hope people feel when they snuggle into something I've put my time, talent, and love into. What does a quilt represent to you?

"I was already half-asleep as I brushed my teeth and crawled into the high old bed my grandmother had slept in until she dies. My great-grandmother had made the quilt I pulled over me, and my great-aunt Julia had embroidered the pattern on the edges of the bedspread. Though I might actually be alone in the world - with the exception of my brother, Jason - I went to sleep surrounded by my family."

Passage from "Dead as a Doornail" by Charlene Harris

Very nice.

That is a wonderful thought!!!
    I know when my daughter was deployed to Afghanistan and then Iraq for a year each, she said she could feel my hugs when she wrapped up in the quilt I sent to her.

Power Poster
    Very nice!

Blog Entries
    My DD travels for her job and takes a quilt I made with her. It was quilt I wasn't too happy with but she grabbed it up and it will be the quilt she will have and remember always.