Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rats!  The fabric under the horse head I Wonder Under-ed wrinkled! >

Rats! The fabric under the horse head I Wonder Under-ed wrinkled!

Rats! The fabric under the horse head I Wonder Under-ed wrinkled!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Okay--this will crack you up.

I placed a dish towel under the horse head. I steamed it and gently pulled the horse up. It worked! I kept steaming and pulling until the whole thing was off! The eye, nostril and mane stayed in place on the head!

Then I covered the wrinkled spot with a damp towel and steamed it smooth. (thank goodness for steam!) Then I turned the wall hanging sideways to get it back into position. After trimming the bottom from being stretched out, I covered it all with a damp towel and pressed it back on. I peeked and was so pleased to see the horse/suede was laying flat! When I went to pick the wall hanging up--I nearly died--the horse was on upside down!! :shock: :| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So--once again, up it came. All I can do is laugh at this point--I should have taken a picture. Not too attractive, but maybe it would have won a prize for modern art--title: dizzy horse. :lol: I had to steam the spot again--with yet another dish towel--so I wouldn't get anything stuck to it. Parts didn't stick, so I got some extra pieces of the wonder under without the paper and tucked it under the muzzle, ears, and sides and pressed again. And... drum roll... it's fine. I cannot believe it. It looked pretty bumpy when I first took it off.... I wa sure I'd have to make another. I'm going to go look at it again to make sure nothing has happened.

Group hug of appreciation! You gals always rescue me!!! :-D
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Okay--this will crack you up.

I placed a dish towel under the horse head. I steamed it and gently pulled the horse up. It worked! I kept steaming and pulling until the whole thing was off! The eye, nostril and mane stayed in place on the head!

Then I covered the wrinkled spot with a damp towel and steamed it smooth. (thank goodness for steam!) Then I turned the wall hanging sideways to get it back into position. After trimming the bottom from being stretched out, I covered it all with a damp towel and pressed it back on. I peeked and was so pleased to see the horse/suede was laying flat! When I went to pick the wall hanging up--I nearly died--the horse was on upside down!! :shock: :| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So--once again, up it came. All I can do is laugh at this point--I should have taken a picture. Not too attractive, but maybe it would have won a prize for modern art--title: dizzy horse. :lol: I had to steam the spot again--with yet another dish towel--so I wouldn't get anything stuck to it. Parts didn't stick, so I got some extra pieces of the wonder under without the paper and tucked it under the muzzle, ears, and sides and pressed again. And... drum roll... it's fine. I cannot believe it. It looked pretty bumpy when I first took it off.... I wa sure I'd have to make another. I'm going to go look at it again to make sure nothing has happened.

Group hug of appreciation! You gals always rescue me!!! :-D
LOL
Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

ha, ha!! upside down. girl you had me laughing out loud in my office. i do hope it's gone better since that posting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM

lol...No, call it Crazy Horse...
Old 02-26-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
lol...No, call it Crazy Horse...
lol glad it worked.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 PM

OMG!!! Thank you for the entertainment!!!! :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one that does things to laugh at. Sometimes you just wonder.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Oh man....thank goodness..there for a little while, I thought you were Perfect!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM

sandpat--I am more than happy to pop that bubble!! :lol:

sewcrafty--you're very welcome. :lol:

If I didn't have a brain scan last year, I'd be calling the doctor for one. :wink:
Old 02-26-2010, 05:12 PM

Now I can't wait to see a picture! Glad you were able to rescue that horse!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Way to go all!