Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Re-purposing >

Re-purposing

Re-purposing

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy
Dear Friends...My guild is having a show in Nov., and you have already shared ideas for possible classes or demos, many thanks! Now I have another question for you - what have you found in other places in you home to re-purpose for your quilting? Recently one of our members said she had found an old record album holder that she now uses to hold her rulers.
Would you mind sharing your re-purposed items with me? You are the most innovative folks I know....Thanks so much for your help!
I use parmasen cheese container to hold my cone thread behind the machine, heard of this on this board. :-D
Old 04-28-2011, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I have an old carousel that was used for kitchen utensils, bought it at a garage sale and I use it for all of my scissors, cutters, anything that will stand up and fit in the slots.
I have an old carousel which I use on my desk where I put all the spare pens, pencils etc in behind my computer. When a pen goes dead, there is another one ready to be used.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:18 AM

I use the folgers plastic coffee containers w/lids
for wrapping the seam binding for the quilts
The inside I can put fabric scraps thread etc
I snap the loose end under the lid to hold in place
I use and old mug holder to hang my scissors on
the large plastic snack containers with lids
I have misc items ribbon, elastic, lace
Old 04-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Hi. Good question. I look to things in my kitchen,like a coffe can lid to use for cutting circlis for Yo Yos. A butter tub is small enough to hold snips of strings that accumulate whe hand quilting. Lots of good ideas out there. Looking forward to others ideas.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

I got tired of losing my seam rippers as they rolled off my work table. I tape my seam ripper to an emory board. It makes the handle longer and I use a hole punch and punch a hole in the end of the emory board so I can hang it. My seam rippers no longer roll off my table and I can hang it behind my sewing machine.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

I use a lot of ink in our printers. I cut off the top of the ink box it came in and use the box to hold rubber bands and other small stuff. They make great organizers. I trim the cardboard down to the same level on all 4 sides.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-190534.jpe  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 AM

Default My favorite

I have read every one of these pages and absolutely love some of these ideas! They will be put to work in my world. Some I already do, but my contribution here is my very own favorite. I have no idea why this little thing I do makes me happy...but it does! It can't be the money because Bobbin Buddies are relatively inexpensive, so I just don't know why I love this so much! Here is what I have been doing for the past year! The down side is you have to have allergies bad enough for a prescription...which I do! The little green clip keeps the tip from being compressed when you carry the bottle in your purse.
Attached Thumbnails nasel-spray-2.jpg   bobbin-buddy-2.jpg