Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ready to Explode >

Ready to Explode

Ready to Explode

Old 11-01-2008, 01:45 PM

The last two days have not been kind to me. It's all a conspiracy to drive me insane.

I picked my Designer 1 up from the Viking store last Thursday and have been trying to finish a baby quilt for two days. I have a fabric mover and so I was waiting till I got the machine back to finish the quilt. After all, the fm (fabric mover) is supposed to keep the stitches even. I can do free motion without it, but my stitches are not even. Guess I should not be a perfectionist. Well, I think my free motion is better than the fm's. I've got little stitches and then longer ones. Have worked with this so much that I'm ready to pull out my hair. Have yelled at the cat. Told hubby he had better not come in here either. Feel like crying and screaming. Maybe even some kicking something.

So, I get the CD out and look at it umpteen times and I'm doing everything they do. Even looked at the website video. It's horribly out of focus. Printed off all the instructions I could find. Called one of the Viking store managers who is a friend and even her help was for naught.

I had perfect stitches on the samples I did when I bought this thing. And I have worked on one in the store. So, what happened between the time I bought it and now? Did my brain cells forget everything that happened? Is there a loose connection between my fingers and brain? I don't consider myself dumb: after all, I have been an RN for years. And I worked in that same Viking store for about 2 years. They just did not have the fm when I worked there.

Told hubby I needed to take a vacation in Ohio and take my machine and the fabric mover and go visit the corparate office and get one of those women I see on TV to show me how to use it.

I wonder if their stitches are even? You can't tell by watching the CD or that horrible video.

So I went to Yahoo Groups to see if I could get some help. Can't just join the group I want. Have to be approved. So I can't get any help for a while. So, waiting is not my strong point.

And now my computer is extremely slow. My DSL is like dialup. Even after running spyware and cleanup.

Thanks for letting me rant and vent. This problem is getting the best of me.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Frustrating!!!!!! I am sorry things are acting up for you.

Sometimes you just need to back away and hope it will be easier tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM

OK Quiltkitty, take a deep breath, throw the quilt on the floor, walk out of your sewing room and slam the door. Go into living room and tell hubby you really need a (glass of wine, rum and coke, etc.). When he brings it to you, give him a big ol' smooch.

Worry about the quilt tomorrow when you're not so tired and frustrated :wink:
Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM

:( I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I get frustrated like that sometimes too. I hope things look better in the morning (at least you get a free hour of sleep tonight.)
Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 AM

Bummer of a day Quiltykitty! Can't help you with the fabric mover, but on the DSL side - have you tried resetting it? I had to do that to mine the other day. Just turn it off for a minute, then turn it back on again. It's like sometimes it just gets sort of clogged up or something.
Good luck!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 AM

I am so sorry about your frustration. I wish I couldn't relate but I sure can. Don't let it get you down. We're here for you. Rant away!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Banned

sure wish i had an answer for ya kiddo.... Hows about a hug?
{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator

i have never seen the machine or accessory you're talking about, but i have a guess about the problem.

i'll bet the problem isn't you or the machinery. i'll bet your real quilt is just a lot larger and heavier than the samples you worked on. AND i'll bet that with practice you will love your real quilt results as much as you did the samples. :wink:

have you considered buying a couple of cheap sheets and batting so you can use them to practice working on big items? i am 100% sure you'll get the hang of it before long.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Sometimes it is the machine that is the problem.