Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is this for real? >

Is this for real?

Is this for real?

Old 04-14-2016, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

I agree with Katier825. The prints are from Marshall's, so these precut prices are high. For inexpensive 20 strip jelly rolls, Jelly Roll Fabrics is a good place to shop. Even if you have to get 2 of these smaller rolls, it's less expensive.
http://www.jellyrollfabric.net/?gcli...FQYNaQodmx4HEQ
Old 04-14-2016, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

If you buy from them let us know how you like the product. I go to Marshall's many times and know the different quality that is available from craft fabric to the best quilt shop quality and all the others in between. If there isn't a name brand on the fabric I don't buy it, from Marshall's or anywhere else. Most batiks will bleed if they are over dyed. I had a layer cake of Hoffman Batiks that left dye on my fingers from handling. A package of Bali strips in a red color way bled on the background fabric. That's the nature of the beast.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-14-2016 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:05 AM

Nice looking fabrics but I tend to stay away from pre-cuts after finding my cuts were miss cutted by 1/4 inch. Had to use them for a small template than originally purchased for.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:23 AM

17 jellyroll strip for 17$ when I can get 42 for 30 dollars on sale on other sites. I'll pass, you need to read the fine print of what each pack contains, they are smaller precuts when judging the price of regular precuts you are not really getting a deal IMHO. If you want good quality precuts. Greenfairy quilts has the best prices and sales and free shipping, lots of moda. I would buy from them first but I do agree precuts even the name brand ones that I have purchase usually have a few bad cuts in them or are off. I still buy them if I like the line but I do keep it in mind when doing patterns. Beverlys also has good prices on balipops sometimes so you can find good prices on precuts if you shop around. I also love missouriquiltco precuts. These 3 have been my go to for precuts otherwise I usually look for private sales on etsy or ebay for people destashing

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 04-14-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by vcquan View Post
I have seen this on Facebook a few times and wondering if anyone on the Board has ever ordered from this company. I love a bargain but are these prices (and advertised quality) for real?
http://quiltcomfort.com/
Would like to hear from 'real' people before I take the plunge!
Thanks!
Just order something small to begin with to check the quality of the fabric.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:11 PM

I don't know. It looks sketchy to me. I've heard that if an online shop, of any kind, doesn't have an about/ about me page then you should be careful ordering from them. The site pretty much doesn't give any other information other then the specific products they are selling and the individual pages of the products do give some info but it's very general. I would be careful.

Looking again, there is not even shipping or return info on the site. That's weird to me.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:15 PM

I have a wholesale account with a major distributor in Oregon. Most of the jelly rolls they carry have 42 strips and the wholesale cost is $20. The ones they carry are all name brand fabrics so I know the quality is good. They could be breaking up the prepackaged sets and selling them for half the price of a full set. Not really a "sale".
Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 AM

Moda has Jelly Roll and Charm Packs, when referring to fabric, Tradmarked. And since these aren't Moda, I'd say, "no".

They neglect to name the mill that made them . . .which for me, is another red flag. You have no way of knowing whether it's truly discounted on sale or not, because you don't know the real value of the fabric.

I would avoid it.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post

I pay less than that for 100% certified organic cotton. If you really love the fabrics, go for it, but I wouldn't consider it a "deal".
Where do you buy your 100% certified organic cotton? I need a good source
Old 04-15-2016, 08:27 AM

Their prices seem pretty much in line with what you can find on MSQC or QIAD (when they have their sales).