Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Really Good Deals....Share Yours! >

Really Good Deals....Share Yours!

Really Good Deals....Share Yours!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I love great deals! I buy for me and my friends when it's too good to pass up. Oh, the Dollar Tree has 1/4" thick pressed board, large size cut outs of hearts, stars and other shapes. They make great templates. That Bernina is the best deal I heard about in a long time!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 PM

The best deal I got last weekend at the Goodwill was 2 bags of queen size batting and 4 bags of poly fill for a quarter each.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:10 PM

My deal was from goodwill in the kitchen miscellaneous... a Kuhn Rikon Julianne peeler tool.. it was a steal :) for a dollar! Sells for $20.00.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

My DIL shops at Rite Aid every week! They end up paying HER!
Between the coupons, sales, and rebates and whatever else she has signed up for on their web site... She even has a blog that she updates with what she bought and how little she paid!
She buys things that will give her a profit or close to it whether she uses the item or not! She then donates all the items to nearby woman's shelters!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Probably my best sewing deal is the old Singer treadle machine w/ cabinet that I got for free. I used to work at a lumberyard/hardware store. One of the contractors that shopped there had to clean out a house and the owners said to just get rid of everything-he found this machine in the basement and asked me if I wanted it. He even delivered it for me. I don't know if it works (seems to) but it's cool to have. :D It's black w/ gold designs on it but otherwise I have no idea what model or anything it is.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM

I have always used computer paper to copy my PP patterns but went to the Dollar Tree yesterday and they had Doodle paper for a dollar. Less expensive than computer paper and I think it is going to be easier to tear off of the blocks. I like finding good deals since everything seems t be going up in price.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM

I bought three pair of jeans at Goodwill yesterday. Not such a good deal at $30.00 for all three. But, they are a style that I like and can't find anymore. I never know where to look for other things - just for looking. And, I don't like to spend too much time in there because it usually stinks. For some reason I have a sensitive nose and can't stand the smell of old stuff. Speaking of stinking things, I bought a 301 at a garage sale and the case smells absolutely terrible. Have been airing it out for months and it hasn't changed yet.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:19 PM

I went to Goodwill and walked up to the "domestics" bin where everything is $1.49. Another customer had a ton of fabrics that someone had bundled up in 2 and 3 pieces that were on "sale" for 15% off. Needless to say she bought almost all of them but I couldn't look at what she had for fear I'd want some of them. There was one bundle of 2 brightly colored fabrics which will work well in a kid's quilt. They are Timeless Treasure fabrics, each about 1 yard. $1.26 all together.
DI
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I bought three pair of jeans at Goodwill yesterday. Not such a good deal at $30.00 for all three. But, they are a style that I like and can't find anymore. I never know where to look for other things - just for looking. And, I don't like to spend too much time in there because it usually stinks. For some reason I have a sensitive nose and can't stand the smell of old stuff. Speaking of stinking things, I bought a 301 at a garage sale and the case smells absolutely terrible. Have been airing it out for months and it hasn't changed yet.
I bought a pair of charcoal insoles at the pharmacy (the kind you put in shoes) for a few dollars. Put one inside my stinky featherweight case and it took away the musty smell.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the info on the insoles. I will get some.