Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It really happened >

It really happened

It really happened

Old 08-24-2015, 08:12 AM

I feel your pain. My hubby bought me a new fitbit and I wore it exactly 1 time...1! I can't find that danged thing any place!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 AM

I do this same thing all the time. Perhaps you can bless someone by share the extra that you now have. You never know when someone else will need the same instructions.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 AM

Have you ever bought the same thing repeatedly? My DD and I have the same problem. I will think of something I need to buy, buy it, don't remove it from my memory and the next time I'm at the store I buy another one. Sometimes we wind up with 3 of the same thing before realizing we already have this. Another thing, I find myself buying the same shirt, fabric, pattern, whatever, over and over. I have 3 of the same blouse, bought at different times, if I liked it the first time, I will usually like it the next time I see it, buy it, not remembering that I already have it, have to laugh at yourself, oh, the joy of growing old.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:09 PM

One quilt I used to go to (sadly gone now) had a policy that if you bought a pattern from them, lost it and bought a second one, and then found the other, if you brought both of them in they would let you exchange one of them for another pattern. We all loved it because it had happened to us one time or another. The owner said they had never had anyone abuse it and had enjoyed being able to give that "perk" to their customers. And I always looked for a pattern that I wanted there first just because I had that "insurance policy".
Old 08-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by pmcfarlin View Post
Sometimes, after I find what I was looking for, I look in a couple of more places, just so I can say it wasn't in the last place I looked. Seriously!
I love this - will have to remember to do it!

I have started a "Notebook That Tells Me Where Everything Is" where I write down on different alphabet pages where I put things, especially rulers as I have them stored in several different places. It hasn't worked 100%, mainly when I forget to write something down, but it has helped a lot. My niece and her husband love it because if they come over looking for something and I am not here, they check the notebook and can find it.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:22 PM

This very thing happened to me while looking for my study Bible, after months of searching I bought a $80 bible and of course a week later I found my Bible!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:52 AM

zozee your story sounds like the one that friends of ours experienced. They looked all over the house and could not find the remote until the wife went to put a load of clothes in the dryer and there it was smiling up at her. LOL Isn't life grand in out golden years?
Old 08-29-2015, 04:14 AM

Some of your posts are soooo funny - finding IT in a chip bag or in a dryer and of course, the last place you look.

How about finding it after you say 'I give up'?
I was looking for 'a thing' for over 30 minutes in my sewing area (which is pretty well organized...if I have to say so myself)...but after 30 minutes (in the last place I could look for the third time) I said out loud "I give up" and I instantly looked directly at a piece of it sticking out under a book. I couldn't believe it and immediately said out loud "Thank You".
Have a great quilty day....and happy hunting for something you've misplaced!
Nan
Old 08-29-2015, 04:49 AM

Well I am sure glad you found your's I on the other hand have been looking for my Pintuck bag pattern for a year still can't find it! As a matter of fact it has probably been longer than that because I started looking for it once someone posted a tutorial on here so do I get a new one or just give up?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
......and you always find what your hunting for in the last place you look !!
Hahaha! My grandpa used to say that! Along with such gems as, "Keep a spare set of keys in your glove compartment to use if you lock your keys in your car." Um, ok?? And he never wanted to turn into a driveway. "Who wants to be a driveway?"

A very corny guy, but sooooo loved! Thank you for bringing him to mind.