Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the reason....

Blog Entries
    why I never get anything finished!!! I had every intention this afternoon of finishing up the quilt I started last Sunday, then I hop on here just for a minute to see what's up.....4 hours later, I've yet to get to my sewing room, been skipping from one site to another, one blog to another, racking up more things on my ever growing to do list !!

Guess I haven't been a total mush mess this afternoon, did manage to get 2 loads of laundry done, sheets changed on the bed and dinner fixed.....but then where am I??? Right back here.....step away from the keyboard!!

You are not alone. This is my downfall too! There's just too much "eye candy here!"

I know EXACTLY what you mean, it happens to me on a regular bases!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ha! I try to keep my laptop beside the sewing machine & when I'm especially alert, I can spend time sewing & visiting on here! I know exactly where you're coming from. You're not the only one.

Blog Entries
    I am in that club too! I get so angry at myself when all I intend to do is "just check" what's going on on the board, and several hours later, I'm still here!!

Ive got a bad cold today so using that as an excuse to cruse the board at this hour.

Me too! I intended to sew all afternoon but I had to take a break and find out what is going on here on the board.

It's very addicting, like Thin Mints!

I am so glad to be in such good company...I think it happens to most of us.

I can relate!!

Blog Entries
    So you aren't in this/that boat alone ! It amuses me that you used a very southern term....you "fixed" dinner which is exactly what we do here in the south ! Some of you folks might say you made dinner.....my MIL would have said that she toted in the groceries and then fixed supper ! How awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeynga
    So you aren't in this/that boat alone ! It amuses me that you used a very southern term....you "fixed" dinner which is exactly what we do here in the south ! Some of you folks might say you made dinner.....my MIL would have said that she toted in the groceries and then fixed supper ! How awesome.
    I'm in Michigan and we always fixed dinner. With my cooking it always needs fixin'

Blog Entries
    Same here was going to work on my hand embroidery this evening, but you see where I am . LOL

I cut out a autumn scrappie lap quilt this morning, DNP. Now, I have yet to finish my pinwheel lapquilt that is on my design wall that a started 2 months ago. My King size broken dishes quilt that is started months before that. Instead I spend my time here, at least for a little while.It is something I can do while watching tv with my dh, at some point I will break away from here and get back to my lapquilt....that's my plan... :)

My mother used to "fix dinner". And she was born/raised/lived and died in PA. I seem to recall my hubby's grandmother saying it too. She was PA Dutch from Lancaster County in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeynga
    We "fix" dinner or supper in Iowa, too.

Me too! I seem to never do what I intended to do. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by pipp5
    why I never get anything finished!!! I had every intention this afternoon of finishing up the quilt I started last Sunday, then I hop on here just for a minute to see what's up.....4 hours later, I've yet to get to my sewing room, been skipping from one site to another, one blog to another, racking up more things on my ever growing to do list !!

Guess I haven't been a total mush mess this afternoon, did manage to get 2 loads of laundry done, sheets changed on the bed and dinner fixed.....but then where am I??? Right back here.....step away from the keyboard!!
    There's a lot of great stuff on the internet, but too often this "virtual world" keeps us from doing anything in the real world. Some days I just have to stay away from the computer.
    :|

Blog Entries
    I'm Oklahoma born and raised and we fix dinner too. We make biscuits while fixin dinner. LOL

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the double post!

Blog Entries
    Yep need an intervention but we would just talk aboutthqb site!! Lol

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Some of us stay on here way too long but then again, we can pace ourselves because we still get quitling done too. Must be on here 24/7...Just saying. LOL

I am soooo addicted to this board. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I tell my hubby that I learn so much here that I am expanding my education, not wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by pipp5

Sounds like me. It's almost like an addiction. I told my DH the other day that I needed to cancel the internet so I could work on something. I'm on the computer so much, I can't seem to focus on anything else. I took computer classes in college, but If I remember correctly it was so I could get a better job.....Where's my better paying job??? Still out there and here I sit. LOL

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I keep coming back to QB.........it is so addicting. Never enough time to read all you want. Never enough time to sew..............etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast