Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Recommend pattern for unique fabric sqaures (6") >

Recommend pattern for unique fabric sqaures (6")

Recommend pattern for unique fabric sqaures (6")

Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Another lovely pattern for showcasing great fabric is Film Strip.
Attached Thumbnails img_6874.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
Another lovely pattern for showcasing great fabric is Film Strip.
This would be a great quilt for my bold batiks! I could use all the solid colors found in the batiks for the little squares. Where can I get this pattern? It looks dynamite.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 AM

For my solid colors I used the jewel tones of the Michael Miller Fairy Frosts with solid black as my neutral. Sure hope you can find the pattern - sorry I don't have it!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
Shadow square would be beautiful!
Such a beautiful quilt. I googled, yahooed, you name it, went to all the sites mention and still couldn't find the pattern for this quilt. I'm a newbie and have to have a pattern in print to be able to do this. Does anyone know where I could buy one? Mountain Creek and other places had rectangle squares and one had small rectangle and squares. I would love to make one just like this. TIA
Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter View Post
For my solid colors I used the jewel tones of the Michael Miller Fairy Frosts with solid black as my neutral. Sure hope you can find the pattern - sorry I don't have it!
I did find it, courtesy of another member answering an ISO- it is Atkinson designs Slideshow. I ordered it from Amazon. Thanks, I will look for the Michael Miller fabric.
Linda
Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
Such a beautiful quilt. I googled, yahooed, you name it, went to all the sites mention and still couldn't find the pattern for this quilt. I'm a newbie and have to have a pattern in print to be able to do this. Does anyone know where I could buy one? Mountain Creek and other places had rectangle squares and one had small rectangle and squares. I would love to make one just like this. TIA
I put a photo of the Filmstrip quilt up with an ISO in another section of Quilting Board, and soon, another member found it for me! You might try that.
Linda
Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 AM

Iswan, I tried posting in the ISO portion of the board, but it's not taking. Ugh! I want to make a filmstrip quilt, too, so tks for the heads up. I'm in desperate need to make Hobo's shadow box quilt. Grrrrrr!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 AM

Oops! I not only posted about it on the ISO section, but I posted TWICE. lol.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 AM

wow...everyone has great idea but i was just curious of how much work u want to put into it as I thought of the small drunkard path pattern which would be awesome using the batik fabrics. Sorry I have no pic of it but I do have the go die for cutting out the larger pattern but an friend has the smaller die.Anyhow i thought this would be off the grid in a way? I sure would like to have that "shadow box" dimensions too.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 AM

Wow....great ideas here ! I was just curious of how much work u wanted to put into this but I thought of "drunkard path" which would really showcase those gorgeous batik that u have. I dont have any pic of one but i do have the Go Die of the larger size & I havent tried it out yet, but the "Shadow Square" and the one from farmquilter sounds as if they have what u had in mind. regardless..show us yours when done please! Boy, i would LOVE to have that pattern of the Shadow Square to make an deer, bird, bear quilt for hubby.