Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Recommendation for Denver quilt shops?  (and restaurants) >

Recommendation for Denver quilt shops? (and restaurants)

Recommendation for Denver quilt shops? (and restaurants)

Old 08-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Default Recommendation for Denver quilt shops? (and restaurants)

I'm going to be in Denver for training in October. Two weeks of training, so I'll have a weekend to do some exploring, and would love to fill that time in with some fabric shopping!

I'm also going by myself, so that will be a lot of time for single meals. I usually shop for some stuff and make food at the hotel, especially since I don't care much for fast food. However, two weeks is a long time! Any restaurant recommendations are appreciated as well (even better if they have a carry-out/take-away option). Driving a rental car, so can't drink, but I like pub grub as well if there is a good one to stop for some fries and stuff.

I like making children's quilts (trying to make enough to donate to the NICU where my son spent his first two weeks), so any shops that would have a lot of novelty and kid fabrics would be perfect. I like really pretty fabric too. Actually, I love it all, I'm a big fan of scrappies!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow View Post
I'm going to be in Denver for training in October. Two weeks of training, so I'll have a weekend to do some exploring, and would love to fill that time in with some fabric shopping!

I'm also going by myself, so that will be a lot of time for single meals. I usually shop for some stuff and make food at the hotel, especially since I don't care much for fast food. However, two weeks is a long time! Any restaurant recommendations are appreciated as well (even better if they have a carry-out/take-away option). Driving a rental car, so can't drink, but I like pub grub as well if there is a good one to stop for some fries and stuff.

I like making children's quilts (trying to make enough to donate to the NICU where my son spent his first two weeks), so any shops that would have a lot of novelty and kid fabrics would be perfect. I like really pretty fabric too. Actually, I love it all, I'm a big fan of scrappies!

Right now a quite a few are doing the shop hops or whatever they are called.

Here is one in Parker, maybe you can find references somewhere to other shops.
http://www.highprairiequilts.com/
Old 08-05-2017, 07:21 AM

The Parker shop has a nice variety. I also love Holly's Quilt Cabin in Centennial.

Torchys Tacos is really good. It's different from the cheesy americanized mexican food we have here. There are several locations. For Vietnamese food, New Saigon on Federal is excellent.

Last edited by Doggramma; 08-05-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:41 PM

It really depends where in Denver you are going to be. The creative needle is in the south side of Denver and in Golden to the west of Denver is Golden quilts and the Rocky Mountain quilt meseum. Farther south are a couple of them in centennial. Then on towards parker are a couple. Harriet Hargrave closed her store in Wheat Ridge and moved out of state. Hope this helps a little as I said it depends on where in Denver you are. Anna wanted to add Hollys quilt store and high plains quilt store to the list.

Last edited by hybearn8er; 08-05-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Add to list of stores
Old 08-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Thank you for the suggestions!

I believe the training is located in Golden, but I'll be driving from the airport, so can stop at anything on the way there. Then I'll have the full weekend to go out exploring, possibly making a side-trip to Rifle to meet up with a friend for a little bit. Not sure where all I'll be, but I like to explore!

I'll have to check out New Saigon. We don't have much in the way of "ethnic" restaurants in my little town, so I usually seek them out. I should also see if they have any Ukrainian/Russian/Polish restaurants...
Old 08-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Holly's and High Prairie are two of my 'go to' LQS's. I also like B-Right-On in Brighton, their fabric is $9/yd all the time, including batiks, and its good LQS quality (Moda, etc.). They close at 2 on Saturdays and are closed Sunday and Mondays which may not work for your schedule. Have you been to a Hobby Lobby? We have several in the area and they're not too bad either just not all LQS quality. Have fun!