Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red Snapper ?? >

Red Snapper ??

Red Snapper ??

Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 AM

I have the red snappers and I love them!!!! I got them at local quilting shop about 3 years ago, I think they are definitely worth the price. I did the pinning on before I bought the snappers. Ouch. Took too long and I always managed to get stuck at least once.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:36 PM

Leader Grips here and I love them. Did have hubby cut the snap on sections down to more manageable sizes...works better for me. Can't remember what I paid for them, but they have been worth every penny. No more bleeding fingers from pin pricks!
Old 11-27-2016, 02:01 PM

Love my Red Snappers! So much easier to load a quilt.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:27 PM

I started pinning and did that for years. I switched to Leader Grips and love them, but after a while I had problems with the Leader Grips cracking lengthwise from the ends. I called the Leader Grip company and they said it was because I had used them on minky. I had never done a quilt with minky back. I asked if it was possible to get just the top part, the part that had cracked. I was told no that I would have to get the whole system. I didn't need the dowels. I decided to switch to Red Snappers. But because of arthritis in the hands, we have trouble getting the Red Snappers on. I have also become aware that with Red Snappers you need more fabric on the top and bottom end of the quilt. I checked the web site for Leader Grips and found out you can now order just the part that cracked. You don't have to order the dowels too. I ordered replacement Leader Grips. I didn't want to go back to pinning and the hand pain was just too much. Also, when I have a minky back, I add muslin leaders to the quilt back so that the minky does not go into the grip.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:23 AM

Love my red snappers. I never minded pinning so I was hesitant to get these but a local quilt shop started carrying them and had them on sale so I finally purchased and am so glad I did. So much faster and so easy to use especially now that they have been used and are not so stiff. I cut mine into smaller sections making them even easier to put on and take off. Love not getting stuck with pins.
Old 11-28-2016, 07:08 AM

I love mine. I got the ones for the rails and the side-clips too. The side clips are especially nice, as instead of pulling two spots on the side, it pulls 12 inches at the same time, no decreases the 'waves' I was getting. Like others, I found the rail loaders very hard to use at first as they were stiff and it took a lot of hand strength to snap them on. But now they snap on easily but still hold everything tight. Don't remember what I paid for them since I originally got them 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:07 PM

Could someone please explain the 1/2 in water line, tube lighting tracking, and whatever do you do with a headless screw? What is a headless screw? I know what the $20 is....lol....
Old 11-28-2016, 04:42 PM

Love the Red Snappers. Great timesaver. 90% of the quilting I do is for a nonprofit and it saves so much time from pinning the quilt on. I got my set at Nancy's Notions. The set was $70.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:16 PM

I used to blog. When I made my version of snappers, I blogged about it. Here's the link: http://dangitange.blogspot.com/2014/...ight-bulb.html