Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Remind Me please...points line up >

Remind Me please...points line up

Remind Me please...points line up

Old 03-30-2017, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
For stubborn seams I use a basting glue and press it to hold exactly where I want it. Perfect every time.
Me too. A small dot of Elmer's School Glue at the seam and a quick hit with the iron to dry has saved my sanity in certain circumstances. When sewn, the seam will pop open if you want to press open, otherwise it will wash out in the first laundry.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 AM

I don't usually have an issue with "butting", but I do "peel" the pieces back and take a look to make sure they are next to each other. I do pin, I didn't like the "fork" pins. I haven't tried the glue, but that's a good idea.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:26 PM

My best weapon against unmatched seams is elmers washable glue stick. Glue the seams in place, let the glue dry, and then sew the two butting seams together. Of course, if you use this method, you have to wash the finished quilt to get the glue out.

I have seen people use the very fine straight pins to pin them in place, and that works well for them. But the pins are too darned small for me to pick up these days, so that technique is of no use to me.

And there are those times when nothing I do works. That's when I put those naughty patches in time out and let them rest until they are ready to behave. It's amazing how often that convinces the seams to match up!