Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Repair sticker shock >

Repair sticker shock

Repair sticker shock

Old 11-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

I had to take my Viking in last week for some much needed tlc, got the call yesterday with what isn’t fixable but is switchable… I’m just happy it’s going to be under $300. I’ve been sewing on this machine for 18 years- hoping with a few new parts it will last that many more. 😉
Old 11-04-2021, 10:09 AM

My take on repair costs for my sewing machine is the same as my view on repairing my older vehicle. It's cheaper than buying a new one.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
My take on repair costs for my sewing machine is the same as my view on repairing my older vehicle. It's cheaper than buying a new one.

exactly! While on the phone with the owner of the sewing center while he was telling me what my machine needed and what it was going to cost he did say…Or, Colleen I could put you onto a brand new machine. My response was…not for under $300 you couldn’t.
he laughed & said- you are right. The last time I looked around in the shop I don’t think there was anything there less than $1500, lots way more. My Viking has been a great machine for me and we know each other. I will keep her. 😉