Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Required for quilting? >

Required for quilting?

Required for quilting?

Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 PM

No,you don't need a cat or dog. I have 2 black cats named Lilly and Loki that have their very own quilted cushions. But they are great company and Lilly lets me know when it is time for a petting break. When they want attention,they each wrap around my feet,so we stop work for a while and relax and hug each other.I personally think everyone should have a pet to relax with,but that's just my opinion.They don't want to get around the quilt I'm working. I turn the tv on the animal planet channel and they watch that all day while I work.It sounds crazy but they like it and keeps them busy.But I guess it sounds crazier that I turn on the tv for my cats,don't it?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
."Do i need to get a cat or a dog to be a truly successful quilter?"
ABSOLUTELY..................
Ditto! Who else is going to love EVERY thing you make no matter the color or pattern!!! Even if you don't like it.

I remember in 2007 I was taping my very first backing to the floor. The only place big enough to do this is in the family room. The dogs were both watching me do this. Crawling around and what not. As soon as I moved up further and there was backing behind me, already taped, Dugan laid down on it. Not a minute had gone by!!!! Boy I miss him. These memories help!

Kyia
Old 12-29-2010, 05:45 AM

A pet will make your life complete. Where else, except from God, will you get so much unconditional love?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM

I don't have any pets, but I have 3 granddogs that come to visit and stay for quite awhile. I also have 2 grand cats that I go to visit. Love them all. They love to be in my studio under my feet. LOL
Old 12-29-2010, 01:22 PM

I hope not !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:16 PM

Love this topic... lots of smiles reading all the pets antics.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm a new quilter and new to this board. I've been looking at all the posts, pictures and avatars and was wondering: "Do i need to get a cat or a dog to be a truly successful quilter?"
Believe me ! YOU DON"T! I'm not a pet lover and I often wonder how some of these people can stand to have those furry creatures around their sewing all the time. I don't mean to be rude or heartless. I suppose it's a personal thing. Either you love them or you don't. I don't.

Yesterday I went sale shopping. I saw a couple of cute sweaters and both of them had an image of a cat on them. The sales person kept showing me these garments with animals on them. Finally I told her I had enough of the cats. Please, no cats.

I do know that some people do get very attached to their pets. And that's admirable, but just not for me. Now I hope you all won't hate me.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
I'm a new quilter and new to this board. I've been looking at all the posts, pictures and avatars and was wondering: "Do i need to get a cat or a dog to be a truly successful quilter?"
Believe me ! YOU DON"T! I'm not a pet lover and I often wonder how some of these people can stand to have those furry creatures around their sewing all the time. I don't mean to be rude or heartless. I suppose it's a personal thing. Either you love them or you don't. I don't.

Yesterday I went sale shopping. I saw a couple of cute sweaters and both of them had an image of a cat on them. The sales person kept showing me these garments with animals on them. Finally I told her I had enough of the cats. Please, no cats.

I do know that some people do get very attached to their pets. And that's admirable, but just not for me. Now I hope you all won't hate me.
We won't hate you, but we will wonder about you!. Just kidding, if you are a pet lover, ya can't live with out them, but if you are not a pet person, ya can't live with them.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by patimint
Originally Posted by GailG

We won't hate you, but we will wonder about you!. Just kidding, if you are a pet lover, ya can't live with out them, but if you are not a pet person, ya can't live with them.
Thanks!! But I LOVE kids! And I've got them all around me most of the time! I even pull neighborhood kids off the street to tutor. If I know they're having problems with a subject, I have them visit me so I can help them (along with their parents' permission of course.) So I think I'd say they are my "pets."
Old 12-30-2010, 01:40 PM

definitely!
besides,you can take all those practice blocks, wonky blocks and ones that didn't quite work out and make kitty -or doggie - quilts