Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Required for quilting? >

Required for quilting?

Required for quilting?

Old 12-30-2010, 02:19 PM

i have both pet and grandkid at home and they both keep me inline with my sewing/quilting
Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by MissM
Not required...but I couldn't imagine my life without them...they are family. :-D
Ditto!!! I talk to them and answer for them. Don't know what I would do without them for company.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM

Pets are not required to be a successful quilter; however, they can add an awesome quality to life!!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 PM

I read in some magazine that I can't remember the name of that pets are good stress reducers. I know that mine are.I have MS and if I'm having really bad day with pain or if I have had a seizure,my cats seem to know it,and they sit close to me and act like they are offering me their love and comfort. If you don't like furry friends,maybe you might try fish. My granddaughter and I have a 55 gallon gallon tank with at least 20 different colors of fancy guppies.It's is also relaxing to sit in my rocking chair beside of the fireplace and watch the fish with Lilly in my lap and Loki around my feet. Well,I don't really know what part is the most relaxing,the fish,the cats,the rocking chair,the fireplace,or everything combined.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM

We have 2 inside puppies, an inside/outside cat and an outside dog that is inside right now because she is so old the weather is getting to her bones. They just lay at my feet while I sew or craft. Yes, they make us laugh and I just love having them around. Required? not! Wanted? YES!

They don't make me a better sewing/crafty person, but they make me a better person all around.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by dixiebelle162002
No, I don't think so. :lol: My dog is such good company to me I don't think I could get through the day without him. If someone was spying on me they would think I was having a conversation with another person the way I chat with him. :wink:
Oh how funny! I spend all day many days alone with my dogs. And, as much as I love to admit it, I'm a chatterer. I love to talk. I've heard it's because I love the sound of my own voice. I have to question that one, but anyway, I talk to my dogs all day as if they are people. Doesn't everyone?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 PM

You need a Boston Terrier to be a really good quilter.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:05 PM

No, you do not!!! I am allergic to both animals and I quilt all the time plus teach a class and help out teaching another class. I guess animals are an added bonus.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi Furtado
No, you do not!!! I am allergic to both animals and I quilt all the time plus teach a class and help out teaching another class. I guess animals are an added bonus.
I think that's a great statement; just like we all prefer different types of notions, and different fabrics, different mascots are acceptable too! :-D