Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: On a Reversable Quilt

On a Reversable Quilt

Where would one put the label? I'm not planning to make one myself, but this question popped into my head the other day.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Some people make small triangular labels and stitch them into a corner so the binding catches two sides of the label. I've also heard of putting the label information on the binding (sort of the way the manufacturer's name is on the selvage edge).

Blog Entries
    where ever you want. I've created labels that were part of a block on the top of a quilt, made labels part of the design on the back, made embroidered/appliqued labels that were framed and centered on the back- machine embroidered a 'continuous label' all the way around the outer edge of a quilt- just inside the binding, and put labels behind a hanging sleeve---labels can be 'hidden' or part of the design---you can be as creative- or secretive as you desire and place your label anywhere you want to
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Power Poster
    Someone posted a tutorial on QB on using the machine letters from their machine to put the name and date on the binding. I thought it was a super idea and plan to use it on my next binding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    Some people make small triangular labels and stitch them into a corner so the binding catches two sides of the label. I've also heard of putting the label information on the binding (sort of the way the manufacturer's name is on the selvage edge).
    this was my first thought, too
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I had this problem when I made my reversible quilt. I usually print one on my computer and sew it on the back in the bottom corner. I ended up using the built-in letters on my machine and sewed them on the binding before I sewed the binding on the quilt.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I quit fooling with labels years ago, I sign on the bottom front lower right hand corner of the quilt itself.

Good question, and the above answers have my mind runnning. I love the binding idea. Can also see you putting a label on front and back - maybe include a line about why you choose the pattern for each side?
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

I made a queen size reversible quilt and made one of the blocks on the "backside" the label. It is the same size as the rest of the blocks, but it is a label instead.

Anita
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.