Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ricky Tims Drive By Quilting >

Ricky Tims Drive By Quilting

Ricky Tims Drive By Quilting

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 AM

How FUN is that! I'll follow this thread and Ricky Tims.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Let me say one thing about Ricky Tims.. After all that coordination struggle, with he, calling 4 or so times, we narrowed the time frame when he was an hour away or so. Knowing that the mountain pass he , and Justin would be driving over to get to our mountain town, it would be iffy if there was snow, which there probably was on the sides at least.. he said he would call again, closer to the overpass.. Ok, not a prob, I live jsut a minute or two , and can get there before he would have passed on by, leaving me a " miss-fire" as he calls the hit and misses.. Then , ring a ling a ling.. Karen, Ricky here.. we are passing the first exit - oh crap!!! I hung up the ohone on Mr. Ricky Tims, lol, and high tailed it.. good thing the police were having their doughnuts and coffee, cuz I broke speed limits..

Anyway, yep, saw thier trailor/truck idling inch by inch along the side, oh crap - give me my quilt!! waved, smiled, tears falling down my face.. what an awesome , and humbling time it was.. all in a few seconds.. But what was more special was that Ricky Tims is soooooo stinkin' sweet.. He calls me Miss Karen, and he said he wanted my home mailing address.. I asked " huh? " .. he said, My momma taught me about Thank you Notes.. I said, " I should be the one thanking him".... so , yea, gave my addie.. and I finally ...cried sighs of relief, that Ricky diddn't have to see my crooked seams. It was so much fun, and I just fell in love with that guys texan drawl, that was sweet as honey butter!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:16 PM

So exciting, reading about your adventure and experience. You got so excited you hung up before you ran out the door...me the phone would have been on the floor...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM

:) I saw you!... er or the top of your head! Great quilt!! I bet you were estactic to see him drive through your area!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Ricky is one cool dude quilter. I like his style, lots of bright colors. Good stuff.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM

How long did you stand there? your arms must have gotten tired. how did you know when they came by or when they would come by?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
How fun! Here is the link for today's drive by quiltings.

http://www.rickytims.com/events/drive-by-quiltings
Sadiemae, thank you so much for posting this link. I have read it and reread it. I enjoyed it so much.
Aneternalpoet, how special! How awesome! Totally marvelous for you. :thumbup: You will be climbing from the rafters for days on the adrenaline and you deserve every minute of it. That was so cool and a chance of a lifetime. We know someone famous!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you. Now can we call you Karen? :lol:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM

lol.. my name is Karen.. I have a twin named sharon, but dont call me that!! Ricky is most humble, and most compassionate. He had been in contact that day several times to keep me inforned where they were.. And he called afterwards, asking for my thoughts to pen on the experience, too.. His life, outside of the quilting is an inspiration to me to be " kind, and loving, and jolly"' all of which he sounds over the phone, and emailing..

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
How fun! Here is the link for today's drive by quiltings.

http://www.rickytims.com/events/drive-by-quiltings
Sadiemae, thank you so much for posting this link. I have read it and reread it. I enjoyed it so much.
Aneternalpoet, how special! How awesome! Totally marvelous for you. :thumbup: You will be climbing from the rafters for days on the adrenaline and you deserve every minute of it. That was so cool and a chance of a lifetime. We know someone famous!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you. Now can we call you Karen? :lol:
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM

we had only 2 or 3 mintues time to get from my house, to that overpass, and out of the car, and stand there.. seriously, they w*ould have done a ' missfire" as Ricky calls being to late.. I jumped out, jumped over, saw them right below, and waved as the quilt was grabbed the other end, lol..a few seconds isn't that long to hold up a quilt because that literally was as long as we had to get out of the car, over the railing, and hold it.

Originally Posted by kclausing
How long did you stand there? your arms must have gotten tired. how did you know when they came by or when they would come by?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 PM

Ok, Rose... where were you, that you saw my head, lol?

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
:) I saw you!... er or the top of your head! Great quilt!! I bet you were estactic to see him drive through your area!