Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Road 2california >

Road 2california

Road 2california

Old 01-16-2014, 07:24 PM

Default Road 2california

I am so excited for next week, how many of you are going and taking classes. I am taking a FMQ class on feathers by patsy thompson, I have been dying to take a class by her for a few years now. I wish I could take more than 1.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:54 PM

I am planning on going to the show but no classes this year. I took too long arm classes last year. This year I am going to take my sweet time shopping for a bigger long arm.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:03 PM

My friend and I are driving up for the day. No classes - jut looking and spending.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:39 PM

Never been to that quilt show but have it on my bucket list.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 AM

I will be going- my first quilt show. Not taking any classes but plan to take in all the sites and look for a few essential items. Any recommendations on what to look out for or to bring with me? Thanks
Old 01-17-2014, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
I will be going- my first quilt show. Not taking any classes but plan to take in all the sites and look for a few essential items. Any recommendations on what to look out for or to bring with me? Thanks
Sorry, I never go. It's too expensive. I don't like being charged for a multi day pass when only going for one day and the parking is too expensive. I could buy yards of fabric online for what it cost. Sorry !!!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

I will be going, no classes just shopping!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 AM

I will be going, but no classes, just shopping and looking at the magnificent quilts. I did take two classes two years ago and really enjoyed them. Have fun in your class.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:15 AM

They have a lot of vendors there so make sure you have a good sturdy tote bag unless you drop of your bag with the scouts. A camera for all the beautiful quilts. If you ever take a class they have a student opening view the night before the show and it is easier to take pictures and see the quilts without hundreds of people in the way. I have seen ricky timms and alex anderson there quite a few time so it is always nice to see them. I would take a small note book to write down where you saw an item so you can go back otherwise its like finding a needle in a haystack if you don't get it right then and there. I never remember where I saw something i might want and then when I decide I want it I end up going back through many shops to find it. If you are looking for an awesome dealer in so cal make sure to stop and see moores. I have always had excellent service from them, they deal brother, babylock, juki, pfaff and bernina.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:19 AM

I have too travel that week to California for work and I am trying figure out how to squeeze in this show. It would just make me nuts.. to be so close and not go !