Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rob Appell's Unstrung heros wallhanging to bed size. >

Rob Appell's Unstrung heros wallhanging to bed size.

Rob Appell's Unstrung heros wallhanging to bed size.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:23 AM

Default Rob Appell's Unstrung heros wallhanging to bed size.

I am making this quilt for my Grandson for graduation. I made Rob Appell's Unstrung Heros wallhanging with plans to use as a center medallion. I am no good at posting pictures, but the pattern is available at MSQC. I have the wallhanging part done, I did not follow the pattern colors for the guitars, I made them the colors of my Grandson's guitars with the gray background. I somehow found a picture on Pinterest (but of course didn't save it) that had stars with music notes appliqued over them, I kind of liked that. The guitars are orange, blue and brown I have no ideas which way to go for the rest of the quilt. I know he doesn't want the rest of the quilt in those colors, but what to do? Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.Have great day everyone.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:34 AM

This Pinterest site has some interesting ideas.
https://www.pinterest.com/zaneyonequilts/quilts-guitar/

The board has a couple of Round Robins, one completed and an open one, that I have learned much from as far as adding rounds to a center and some even changed to other colors. Maybe you will find your inspiration.
2020 June through November Round Robin
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-open-january-june-2021-round-robin-t313479-4.html

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 02-21-2021 at 10:44 AM.