Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Sewing Machine Bag

Rolling Sewing Machine Bag

What's a good brand for a rolling sewing machine bag? I'm looking for something that is sturdy and will well protect my machine(s) to and from classes. If you have a brand you could recommend would you mind sharing your thoughts? Thanks!

I have a bluefig that I like, wanted a tutto but those are too expensive
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Blog Entries
    Depending on what size and color you want, the large Tutto can be found on walmart.com with free store pickup or joann.com where you may be able to use coupon plus shipping or watch when they run them half price. I got mine there for half price. I got it when they also had additional 20% coupon which amounted to more than what I paid for shipping. I have 2 cases for sewing machines plus one for my serger and one for my embroidery unit. Tuttos are wonderful. at tutto.com you can find a chart showing which size is recommended for different machines.

I'm in the market for a new bag, too. I'll be checking in to see all the suggestions

The Tutto looks nice.

The nice thing about the Tutto is it folds in so that helps a lot for storage, also it was originally designed as luggage so you can use it that way also. When I got mine, I knew I was also needing some luggage so with the dual use that sealed the deal for me. I have used it as luggage and as a tote for my machine - no issues. If you can get a half price deal I think it would be a steal

The only machine I usually take out of the house is one of my Featherweights. Rather than spend a lot of money on a rolling tote, I bought a rolling Igloo cooler that I can put the case and machine in. And there is still room to put in fabric, notions, etc. And the cooler has a separate place on top that zips up that I can put a small cutting mat, rulers, rotary cutter, scissors, etc. I purchased it at Walmart on sale, and actually carried the machine, case and all into the store to make sure it would fit.

Mine is a large tool bag from Home Depot. It has a sturdy handle and wheels. It is big enough for my Elna and good number of other things.

I have a Hemline set (bags for machine, embroidery unit and cutting mat). Bought at Overstock.com. I really like how padded it is.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

I have a Tutto and love it!

I don't know what brand of carrying case I have. I got it several years ago. However I have found it to be more cumbersome then helpful when taking my machine to classes. It seems to be so heavy that I have difficulty putting it into the back of my Jeep. because of that, it now resides in my basement.

Are any of the new ones lighter?
    Last edited by quiltin-nannie; 04-02-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I have a Tutto - which I bought to take my Janome 6600 to classes, but I had the machine carrier from Joann's which I used for my smaller machines (Featherweight and Europro).

Both do a great job - so I really depends on what you have and where you want to take it.

Don't know the brand, but I got mine at Hancock Fabrics. It wasn't terribly expensive, and it's been a real trooper. It's gone back and forth to the lake, to classes, to my sewing group, with no trouble. It has several compartments, and I can pretty much get everything I need in it...it's slightly padded and rolls like a charm.

I will add that the position of the wheels determines the way the cart tracks. One of the more populara cases has changed it's design and placed the wheels closer together. I know from travel in airports that the position of the wheels is important as to how the luggage pulls/tracks.

I just use a small regular suitcase on wheels and have a 1 1/2" thick piece of foam that I wrap around my machine when I place it in the suitcase. Works great. The zippers on the outside allow me to carry supplies.

Banned
    Tutto has served me well. The ones from Joann's broke after 2 years it came apart from the retracting handle.

Someone mentioned Harbor Freight Tool bags in a different post. You can check out what they have online at
    http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...lt?q=tool+bags.
    I wish I'd know of these before spending money on a nice one at Joann's last year! I'm SURE the ones at harbor freight must be sturdier, since my expensive one already has a broken wheel cover and I only used it twice.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Rather than buying a replacement for my old sewing machine rolling bag at Joann's, I bought a nice 20" rolling bag from Harbor Freight. It is designed to tote a tool box. It came with a matching 15" carrying bag....it has a square base and has several pockets. I got mine on sale, and there was also 20% off coupon. It works great.

I have a Blue Fig, which I like very much. My sewing machine is very heavy (a Bernina 820), so I still need help getting it in and out of the car.

Blog Entries
    I have a Bluefig and love it! I have a Designer Delux HV embroidery machine and it fits in the rolling tote beautifully. Love it!

I have the cover /case and use one of those folding, rolling luggage carts with a couple of bungee cords . Not aesthetically pleasing but cheap and it works
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ma....campaignId=WI

Blog Entries
    I have a sew perfect that I got from my dealer. I paid $100 as I needed the larger size for my Janome 7700. The bottom has supports , the tires are big and lots of pockets.
    The Quilting Bear

I have the Tutto. Not only is it great for transporting my sewing machine, there is also room for fabric, pattern and notions.

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    What's a good brand for a rolling sewing machine bag? I'm looking for something that is sturdy and will well protect my machine(s) to and from classes. If you have a brand you could recommend would you mind sharing your thoughts? Thanks!
    I have a small carry-on case that my machine fits inside. If you can find one of those that will take your machine, they're great. Much sturdier rollers IMO than the bags made for sewing machines.

tutto hands down! worth every penny. i bought two, one for machine and one for supplies. check their website for sales. Easy to maneuver, great protection for machine and saves your back!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast