The roof is still on the house.....

The roof is still on the house.....

Old 10-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Good for you.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:26 AM

The embroidery cards are getting hard to find,for all brands.Connie in CO
Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 AM

Connie in CD I LOVE your avatar chickens":)
Old 10-11-2011, 04:58 AM

Congratulations on the machine. Love my Janome. When will your husband have the new skimobiles delivered??? Lmao!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fritzy
I had posted on Sat. that I had bought a new (used) Janome 9700 & hadn't told hubby. Today I got brave & told him & the first thing he said was, how much did that cost you or I should say cost me? I told him I was paying for it myself & he didn't really say anything more about it so far. I figured if he had gotten mad about it I would've told him that I don't drink, smoke or spend wildly & it's my therapy! Luckily he didn't object. I hope to get it by the end of the week & I can hardly wait!
Hahahaha - I'm glad you're not in trouble. My Husband says "what are you going to do with THAT?" on just about everything I purchase and I tell him, "none of your business." Lol* He doesn't really care although sometimes he cringes as the $$$ add up. I am a stay at home Mother so I truly don't spend all THAT much. Right now our budget just doesn't allow it. But hey, as you said, I don't drink, I don't go out, I cut my own hair and I buy most of my clothes second hand. In my opinion I'm a pretty low maintenence wife! Just keep me supplied with fabric and batting and I'm pretty much happy!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ccrow99
Congratulations on the machine. Love my Janome. When will your husband have the new skimobiles delivered??? Lmao!
He's been thinking about getting a new fishing boat & I told him this summer that I have no objection to it at all. In fact, he was always complaining about his trailer because the boat wouldn't go on right & I kept telling him to just get a new one & he finally did. Now he says I wish I would've gotten one a long time ago. Duh!! At least I don't have to listen to him constantly complaining about it anymore. He's possibly going on a hunting trip this weekend & I keep telling him to go too. Anything to get him out of my hair for a few days!!!!! I could use a few days of peace & quiet.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
so far so good...but let's hope he does not come home with something like a new Corvette!hehehe
LOL. Maybe he was so quiet about it because he has something to tell you and is waiting for the right moment. I hope you told him the exact cost. Keep it real!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
so far so good...but let's hope he does not come home with something like a new Corvette!hehehe
LOL. Maybe he was so quiet about it because he has something to tell you and is waiting for the right moment. I hope you told him the exact cost. Keep it real!
I did tell him what I paid for it & I also told him what a new one would have been so I think that may have helped.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM

I went through the same thing when I bought my long arm quilting machine. All he said was "I guess I wont be getting that new truck this year after all". He is pretty sweet do I had better hang on to him.