Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rotary Blade

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth
    Quote Originally Posted by stpatmom
    I always wait too long because I think they're expensive. I can't wait to get my hands on those harbor freight blades and then i'll change them all the time!
    The Harbor Freight blades I looked at didn't have the same kind of hole that my Olfa blades do. What part number did you order?

Elizabeth
    the number is 97642... If you read the other 'rotary blade from HF' thread, it tells which cutter the HF blades do not fit. I understand there is only one, and I don't think it was the Olfa, but I'm not sure which it was, so you might want to read to be certain. I think the HF blade has a rather generic hole that fits most cutters. It fit both of mine just fine.

Blog Entries
    You find them at Harbor Freight in the carpet cutting tools department. They are called "Replacement Carpet Cutter Blades" and are item number 95378.

I was just thinking this today, as I was cutting some strips and then had to use scissors to cut through the parts that the rotary cutter didn't quite get.

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyB
    You find them at Harbor Freight in the carpet cutting tools department. They are called "Replacement Carpet Cutter Blades" and are item number 95378.
    Hmmm, I am just wondering why my blades have a different number than yours do Audrey. I just double checked mine and they are 97642 definitely. I wonder if it's to do with where in the country one is located? Well, as long as we are getting them and they are working, I guess that's all that matters. Smiles and hugs,

95378 is the number for the cutter/blades
    97642 is the number for the pkg of 2 blades

I read on QB about turning blades over. Today I tried it and the blade went through 4 layers like a hot knife through butter!

i just stopped in at harbor freight this evening and they were out of the blade replacements but they had the carpet knife with 3 blades in the pack for only $3.99 so i got that for now. can't wait to try them out and get sharp cuts again. the carpet cutter with the 3 blades in the pack is item #95378 if that helps you all find it.

Blog Entries
    I just checked at Harbor Freight for the replacement blades and they're charging $1.99 for 2 blades......I should've put my order in sooner. Oh well, still cheaper than Joanns!!

Blog Entries

I have used my new HF blade for over a week and it is still cutting like butter.
    Love them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Quote Originally Posted by patdesign
    Here is the link for the blades, but the web site showed they were on back order

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...utter&gs_rfai=
    Thank you for the link. I ordered some. Wonder how long the back order will last. Guess time will tell.
    Were they still $1.49? I just ordered some & they are $1.99!

Quote Originally Posted by lindy
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Here is the link for the blades, but the web site showed they were on back order

Thank you for the link. I ordered some. Wonder how long the back order will last. Guess time will tell.
    Were they still $1.49? I just ordered some & they are $1.99!
    REALLY??? They have already gone up. BUT still a great price.

Sorry, I used this link & could not find rotary blades?? All I saw were CARPET blades? I have been hearing a lot about Harbor Freight for tools but did not know they carried rotary blades? Anyone else have a link I could try? :arrow: :?:

The blades are called rotary carpet cutter blades.

OOPS! Sorry again...found them by the picture. Are they 45mm or 60mm???They are big! If you watch Joanns online, they will have a package of 10 for $17! That's for the 28mm but that's the one I use the most. That's a great buy! It will be interesting to see how well-liked the blades are & how long they last?

They're 45mm. They work fine so far.

Speaking of Rotary blades. I went to HF in Hemet Ca and they did't even know what I was talking about. Did find some great craft scissors tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieKat
    I just changed the blade in my rotary cutter .... soooo nice. I don't know why I always wait so long to change it!
    I sharpen mine just about every time I go to use mine.but then I also have to rember which one I was using though to.I have gotten really lucky an bought a couple for 2.00 apiece thats the 45mm ones an then I have three of the smaller ones an then i have one that is the smallest one to an have one 60mm blade on a 45mmhandle no guards on it so I don't use it much afraid i'll get a finger or something cut with it an have 18month grandson that comes over an I don't like to have it out when he's around.

OMG I went to Harbor Freights and got my blades for my rotary cutter and they fit perfect..Two of them for $1.49 i think it was. I am going back and buying them out. I also found the magnatic ashtrays and I bought the small one for my pins..Luv it..I found a long power strip that you can plug in 12 things at a time, like irons, sewing machines, lights and whatever you need to sew with. It will come in handy when I got to sewing retreats...I luv that store..

I just placed an order w/ HF for the blades and just received a confirmation on my order.

Quote Originally Posted by sewin'sam

OOPS! Sorry again...found them by the picture. Are they 45mm or 60mm???They are big! If you watch Joanns online, they will have a package of 10 for $17! That's for the 28mm but that's the one I use the most. That's a great buy! It will be interesting to see how well-liked the blades are & how long they last?
    LOVE THE PUGS! I have 2 also, a fawn and a silver. I like the 28mm blades too and always watch for a JOanns coupon or a 40% off sale. Going to try the Harbor Freight since everyone says they last so long and are so inexpensive.

Still showing backordered...will try here in the North East at Lowe's, Thanks for the lead.

Lowe's and Home Depot don't carry them. I checked.

They are listed as carpet blades.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever used the blade sharpeners. I have seen them in Joanns, and in connecting threads catalogue and other catalogue. Are they worth it.?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast