Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotary Cutters >

Rotary Cutters

Rotary Cutters

Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM

I have a Fiskar's rotary cutter and it's fine, but my Olfa is more comfortable.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM

I use a Kai cutter that I have had for 15 years.I do have a new Grace cutter that I am getting used to and like so far.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny
Originally Posted by kajaza
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I use Olfa rotary cutters. When JoAnn Fabrics has them half price it really helps.
Thanks i think i may go there friday morning!
If you can go there today, Wednesday, November 24 they are "buy one, get one free." So it equates to beinng half off.
I just bought two packs of blades.
I would love to have gone today but the closest one is and hour or so away :(
Old 11-24-2010, 01:41 PM

I have several Olfa's and really like them. I have a 45 mm one that I bought when they first came out and became popular, it still works great.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:21 PM

I was at Joanns on Sunday and they had rotary blades buy one get one free. As I was checking out I thought I might as well buy them so I said to the clerk give me the ones that are on that rack (the price said $12.99) so she said OK and rang it up @$31.99 for one package it had 5 blades in it. I told her it rang up wrong and she looked and said "Oh they are on the wrong rack" a whole stack of them so I told her she would have to sell them to me for that price, she hesitated and then asked the manager and the manager said she had to sell them for that price and then put them on the right rack... What a deal 10 blades for $12.99. Finally I got a bargain...
Old 11-25-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by luvrazz
I was at Joanns on Sunday and they had rotary blades buy one get one free. As I was checking out I thought I might as well buy them so I said to the clerk give me the ones that are on that rack (the price said $12.99) so she said OK and rang it up @$31.99 for one package it had 5 blades in it. I told her it rang up wrong and she looked and said "Oh they are on the wrong rack" a whole stack of them so I told her she would have to sell them to me for that price, she hesitated and then asked the manager and the manager said she had to sell them for that price and then put them on the right rack... What a deal 10 blades for $12.99. Finally I got a bargain...
WOW!! That was an awesome deal! lucky you

:-D :-D :-D
Old 11-25-2010, 08:31 PM

I purchased on of those Martelli rotary cutters at the sewing expo in October. I love it. It is suppose to put less stress on your wrist, shoulder, etc. The blade is suppose to last a long, long time. With my Fisker, I was going through a blade every project.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM

First I would double check that the blade is put on correctly and isn't backwards. I would next contact Fiskars and ask for their help as they do stand ehind their products.
There are a few egonomic cutters for sale and I think you just have to try them and see/feel which is best for you.
I use Olfas with the straight yellow handle and never had a problem except when I put a new blade on incorrectly. - I wish I had one that was more ergonomic but I would rather spend $ on fabric right now.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:17 AM

Thank you everyone for your input i greatly appreciate all the help!!

I went to Joanns this morning for there black friday sale and the Olfas were half off plus the 20% off coupon i had... so i got 2.. one is the straight handle with the left/right guard option 60mm ($17)and the other is the ergo 60mm ($19) and also got a pack of 5 blades for $19!! So i should be ALL set for awhile!! I'm hoping it will help my hands from hurting so much! Dang Arthritis!!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 PM

I have this cutter in both sizes and I use them exclusively. I love the way it fits my hand and it is so much easier to clean than any of my other cutters. I highly recommend them. :thumbup: