Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotary Ruler Colours >

Rotary Ruler Colours

Rotary Ruler Colours

Old 11-14-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I need a new rotary ruler and I noticed that they come with lines in different colours now.

My old one came with lines in black and red, but some come with lines in bright yellow.

Any preferences and why?

Thanks, Watson
I use Creative Grids exclusively as the Black/White line are the easiest to see for me. I'm a bit older and all those colored lines are never bold enough to really see. The ones with all those yellow lines etc make my eyes hurt and I never get a good cut. Creative Grids are a bit more in cost sometimes, but they last a long time and are thick enough that they don't nick easily.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:14 PM

Have you tried a Missouri Star ruler? Theirs are a clear neon yellowish-green and the markings are etched instead of in color and VERY easy to read thru. There are no lines of any color and I can see the markings well on any color fabric. I have the 5"x15" and the 2.5"x8" and these are BY FAR my favorite rulers. I make most cuts with them. If I have to cut longer than 15, I pull out my Fiskars one I got with my first cutting kit, but otherwise try to fold the fabric to be able to use one of these 2. If they ever come out with a 24" one, I will be the first in line! I don't think you would regret giving one a try before spending much on ones with colored markings.