Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
rulers >

rulers

rulers

Old 11-10-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Got a 60% off coupon for. Joanns in mail Sat and was able to get a 4 pack of sizes I wanted for only $17! Wow!Thanks for the suggestion!
LOL, I ended up using my 60% on a big spool of thread. I needed it and couldn't think of anything else I NEEDED!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 PM

I sent a message to one of the mods for the JOSewing, hopefully she'll hop over and be able to help you out!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:38 PM

I buy when I will use it, immediately.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:12 AM

Oldtiseme What do you mean by "paypals interest rates"? I use pay pal ALL the time and have never been charged a fee of any kind! I shop EBay and many other places and its so easy to use paypal right out of my checking account! What did we do before internet??
Old 11-11-2014, 11:39 AM

Try this -the other one may have been too short.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/JOSewing/conversations/messages

Originally Posted by juliea9967 View Post
This link doesn't work. I did go to Yahoo Groups and search for JOSewing and that didn't work either.
Would love o find this group that does group buys.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

I looked at prices not too long ago. YIKES!! I think if I should need one in the future, I will wait until I can get one of those 40% coupons at Hobby Lobby.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Oldtiseme What do you mean by "paypals interest rates"? I use pay pal ALL the time and have never been charged a fee of any kind! I shop EBay and many other places and its so easy to use paypal right out of my checking account! What did we do before internet??
I don't know how to use Paypal right out of my checking account so I was talking about the interest to put the charge on my Paypal credit Card. I didn't even know you could pay for it through your checking account. Care to email me or message me with info? Thanks
Jeri
Old 11-18-2014, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't know how to use Paypal right out of my checking account so I was talking about the interest to put the charge on my Paypal credit Card. I didn't even know you could pay for it through your checking account. Care to email me or message me with info? Thanks
Jeri
Even if you're putting it on a credit card, if you pay off the balance by the due date there shouldn't be any finance charges. Unless they PayPal credit card is vastly different from a regular credit card, but I doubt it is.

I buy my rulers mostly at Joann's w/coupons, or off of Amazon.

I think it's strange that so many people seem to end up with rulers that don't line up...I mix and match rulers all the time and I've double-checked, they all line up perfectly. I have at least 4-5 different brands of rulers (Omni grid/grip, Creative Grids, Wrights/EZ, Olfa, Fons & Porter...) and they all agree on how big an inch is. It's easier to see on some than on others, but they all agree if you look straight down. Maybe I'm just lucky!?
Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 AM

I got my pack of 4 Saturday in the mail from Joanns. Got 60% off of them so only paid $17 plus shipping...I was in heaven!!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
My favorite one is a 12 and 1/2 omnigrip that I bought at JoAnn. The omnigrip(the green ones) Don't slip as much as the omnigrid so I would recommend them instead. They are expensive, but you only have to buy them one time unless you're careless and step on them.
While these rulers don't slip as easily, I really find them hard to read with the thick green markings on them