Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
S/O "ugly" fabric...do you ever wonder... >

S/O "ugly" fabric...do you ever wonder...

S/O "ugly" fabric...do you ever wonder...

Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 AM

Not to worry, if you ever make something for your sister, just pick out something YOU think is ugly, and she will probably love it! LOL! I have to say, I have never really found a fabric that I thought was "ugly". Maybe not my style, but not ugly.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

A while back we had a ugly fabric contest on the QB and the winner had to make a quilt from all the uglies. It was fun to see what each person thought was ugly. I didn't win but all the uglies made a nice quilt. I think there is going to be another one in January. I'm glad we all have different tastes otherwise all our quilts would all look a like.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
A while back we had a ugly fabric contest on the QB and the winner had to make a quilt from all the uglies. It was fun to see what each person thought was ugly. I didn't win but all the uglies made a nice quilt. I think there is going to be another one in January. I'm glad we all have different tastes otherwise all our quilts would all look a like.
And the price of the fabric we bought would be astronomical because of the high demand for it. That would be awful! :wink:
Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Oh, I wish I could find the post where someone had the ugly cat fabric. That would definitely take the grand prize.
Where is that thread? I can't find it.
Ugly, ugly, ugly..............
Old 10-24-2010, 08:06 AM

It is funny. I was shopping with my sister, a non-quilter, trying to help her pick out two FQ's so I could make her a wallet. The choice was very difficult for her. She finally found one, and I placed it next to another piece of fabric from the same line. She said, "I would never put those two together!" If I was making it for myself, I would have bought the coordinating print.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

It's great we all have different taste. Variety is wonderful.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
I don't think I've seen very many truly 'ugly' fabrics. I know awhile back when the 'ugly fabric' challenge was going on here I couldn't find one to enter and actually liked almost all of the ones that were entered!
Oh, the person to my left would not have been happy to receive my dead cat fabric! Imagine a table runner with dead kitties staring at you??http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-66452-1.htm
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM

I agree. Variety is the spice of life!

I love variety even in my own stash and my own quilts. Many of my scrap quilts have over 200 different fabrics-- solids, tonals, batiks, novelty fabrics, repros, Kaffe Fassett florals, plaids, dots, stripes, you name it! Woohoo! More is MORE!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I don't think I've seen very many truly 'ugly' fabrics. I know awhile back when the 'ugly fabric' challenge was going on here I couldn't find one to enter and actually liked almost all of the ones that were entered!
Oh, the person to my left would not have been happy to receive my dead cat fabric! Imagine a table runner with dead kitties staring at you??http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-66452-1.htm
Candace,
You win hands down. Your fabric is the grand champion of 'UGLY'. If I had that fabric I would never get rid of it. I would have to keep it just to show how ugly it truly is. No one would ever believe it if you tried to describe it. I cringe just looking at it.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by Candace
Candace,
You win hands down. Your fabric is the grand champion of 'UGLY'. If I had that fabric I would never get rid of it. I would have to keep it just to show how ugly it truly is. No one would ever believe it if you tried to describe it. I cringe just looking at it.
Yes, I keep it in hopes of "winning" the next ugly fabric contest hosted here. I think I have a champion.