Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Santa's quilting gift list... >

Santa's quilting gift list...

Santa's quilting gift list...

Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM

I have been saving all year for the Laura Ashley Innov-is NX-2000 sewing machine by Brother. I was happy to have gotten over half the $ together for it. We were talking about it & why I want it & I mentioned I'd been hoping to have enough money by Christmas or my next bday. DH is waiting on a check to come & then we'll bring it home!!! I'm SO excited!! He said where I'd gotten half of it, he'd do the other half! He also just got me a new camera! I must have been a very good girl this year! :-)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM

My wish list is easy for my kids to do. I ask for gift certicicates from my LQS. They usually last me the whole year and I enjoy all.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

I just found out about the Deb Tucker trimming rulers. They look like they would be fun to have.

Otherwise - I'm fairly well supplied with 'stuff'

I might need to take my Pfaff in to the sewing machine doctor - I think something electrical is going bad.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM

A lit up seam ripper (my most used sewing tool) and an easy hem tool that is mostly for sewing hems on clothes but will be handy in general, it's metal and you fold the hem over it and iron right on it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

I just want DH to quit finding other things for me to do so I can work on my projects. He's retired...I'm not. I work and crave an evening or preferably a weekend to sit in my pj's and sew from dawn til dusk. I love that he wants us to do things but I love just enjoying my home
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM

I asked for any or all of Bonnie Hunter's quilting books. She just speaks my language!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by gail-r View Post
Dear Santa, Please bring me a fat stash of fabric and a skinny body for Christmas and please don't get them confused. I have been mostly good. Gail
That is TOO cute, gail-r!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Tomorrow Santa is bringing a new natural light floor lamp with magnifier to our house. It can go behind my shoulder when I am at the machine, or next to my chair to read or for hand work. In my mind, there is no such thing as too much light when sewing.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM

I TOLD my husband I wanted a blank check.LOL. I doubt that I get it, but it never hurts to ask does it?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM

I feel very fortunate as I have been quilting forr over twenty years and have just about every tool available along with quilting supplies. Of coarse I can always use more fabric so I ask for a gift certif. from my favorite quilt shop. I have three Jaome machines, two that emb. and enjoy doing that. Although DH does ask what I would like. He always does, lucky me