Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SAW QUILT TODAY AND CANNOT FIND PATTERN HELP PLEASE >

SAW QUILT TODAY AND CANNOT FIND PATTERN HELP PLEASE

SAW QUILT TODAY AND CANNOT FIND PATTERN HELP PLEASE

Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Oops -- I got stuck on that site again! Every time I look at it I just can't stop.
Went to your site and shouldn't! Did you see the kitty wall hanging? Really adorable! :D

Old 10-11-2009, 06:52 PM

I really do have a thing about that site. I want them ALL!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:14 PM

Check out this site. It has victorian ladies of all types. Even whole town scenes. This is my "some day" quilt idea.

http://www.bonnetgirls.com/
Thanks for sharing this site. I have the book "Ladies Day Out with the Bonnet Girls" by Helen Scott out from the library. Her applique is so detailed and clever. I don't know if I'll ever have the time or patience to make a Bonnet Girls quilt, but I do love looking at the pictures!

Oh, I meant to add, there was a quilt in the PICTURES section with both Sunbonnet Sue and, I think, Parasol Lady. I don't recall who posted it, but if I remember correctly, her mother had made it for her. In fact, I think it was that quilt that caused me to get the Bonnet Girls book out from the library. I have to make a couple of phone calls, then I'll come back and look for it unless someone else finds it first.

I love Sunbonnet Sue and would like to make SS quilts for my granddaughters, but they show absolutely no interest. I think she's too old fashioned for them. They do like the Parasol Ladies and Bonnet Girls, though. Maybe I should just make a four seasons SS wall hanging for myself. That shouldn't take forever and at least then I'll have made one.

Sandy
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM

I couldn't wait to look for it and finally found it. Sulabug posted the pictures; her mom made it for her. I was wrong about the parasol ladies though, the ladies in this quilt aren't holding parasols, but they're beautiful. Overall Sam is also on the quilt along with Sunbonnet Sue. Now let's see if I can make a link to the pics; I haven't done that on here yet.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/25296.page

Yay, I did it!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 PM

the one in the middle looked like the quilt that i saw where did you get that pattern she didn't have a parasal but she had facial features but that one one was very expensive i had bought a cotton bole quilt and it was 95 but this lady wanted 150 and it was not that thick but it was pretty thanks dorothy from tenn
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 AM

If you can get to a public library you can likely borrow a book with these types of patterns . You can also go to half.com and get a good quilt book at a reasonable price!! Good luck!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM

Last night was our quilt guild meeting - and the topic was memory quilts.
One of the quilts seems very much like what you want.
It was an old pattern, from the Kansas City Star (I think the newspaper), and they published a pattern regularly. Don't know if there is a book, or a site you can view those old patterns, or not, but at least maybe this gives you a "title" of sorts to search for. Good luck.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by middysmom
the one in the middle looked like the quilt that i saw where did you get that pattern she didn't have a parasal but she had facial features but that one one was very expensive i had bought a cotton bole quilt and it was 95 but this lady wanted 150 and it was not that thick but it was pretty thanks dorothy from tenn
middysmom,

I PM'd Sulabug and asked her to check out this thread and respond if she knows where her mother got the pattern. If she can't help, I second the library option. I ran across the Bonnet Girls books while searching for a similar pattern, but I know I've seen books with patterns of other ladies, although I don't remember now which books or where I saw them. Our library belongs to a consortium so when searching for books I'm not just searching our library, but about 60 libraries in Ohio. One or more of the other libraries often has the book I want and I just reserve it, then they ship it to my library. And the nice thing is it's free. If I really like a particular book, I buy it on the internet, usually from Amazon.

Good luck! I hope you find a pattern you like.

Sandy
Old 10-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sandy1951
I couldn't wait to look for it and finally found it. Sulabug posted the pictures; her mom made it for her. I was wrong about the parasol ladies though, the ladies in this quilt aren't holding parasols, but they're beautiful. Overall Sam is also on the quilt along with Sunbonnet Sue. Now let's see if I can make a link to the pics; I haven't done that on here yet.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/25296.page

Yay, I did it!
Yes!! :D You did find it!! :D I am going to ask my Mom today if she still has those patterns or can remember the name of it. Wish me LUCK.
Cheryl
Old 10-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Check out this site. It has victorian ladies of all types. Even whole town scenes. This is my "some day" quilt idea.

http://www.bonnetgirls.com/
Now, I found it!! :D My Mother's quilt patterns were made by this company. Look under Bonnet Relatives & you will find one pattern my Mom made & also one with her parasol. I hope this helps.
Cheryl