Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scored a Rowenta at yard sale >

Scored a Rowenta at yard sale

Scored a Rowenta at yard sale

Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM

I have a several Rowentas. I don't use the steam feature either. I have gone through one travel Rowenta, but it lasted a long time.

As far as the larger ones go, I try to only buy the German ones.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 PM

My Rowenta is about the same age as yours & has done a super job, but starting about a month ago it doesn't get as hot as usual. I had cleaned out the steam holes with a vinegar & water mix. Do you think that could have harmed it? Or is the iron just getting tired?
Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I've had my Rowenta for about 15 years. Dropped it on a concrete floor -- twice -- and dh duct-taped and epoxied the thing back together. Still going strong. The ones with the removable water tanks are the ones that had the most problems, I think. Mine has the unremovable water tank. What I like about it is the weight and also the high heat it produces.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Power Poster

CountryCat, my bet is it's just getting old and tired. I've cleaned mine several times not only with vinegar and water, but also with Iron Out (we have a *lot* of minerals in our water). It still gets plenty hot; I just don't use the steam feature much anymore because of the calcium deposits in the holes.

Edit: Over the years I have acquired 2 backup Rowentas at Goodwill in case mine ever goes out. Each of the backups cost around $5, I think.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:42 AM

Do not leave water in them overnight. That's when they leak. Use water only when you need it and then dump it. Otherwise works fine.