Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scrappy Doble Irish Chain >

Scrappy Doble Irish Chain

Scrappy Doble Irish Chain

Old 10-17-2010, 09:05 AM

Hope this doesn't post twice. Tried and it didn't work so will try again. Some of you asked me to keep you posted on the progress. I have 28 blocks completed. At first I thought the pattern said I would need 55 of each block but now I think it was a total of 55. I should have had it finished by now but have had an episode of Menier's Syndrome for the past month and vertigo and quilting don't mix well.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110921.jpe  
Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cathie R
Hope this doesn't post twice. Tried and it didn't work so will try again. Some of you asked me to keep you posted on the progress. I have 28 blocks completed. At first I thought the pattern said I would need 55 of each block but now I think it was a total of 55. I should have had it finished by now but have had an episode of Menier's Syndrome for the past month and vertigo and quilting don't mix well.
Wow, it's coming out great. I love the way it looks!! I hope you love it too. These scrap quilts are great in so many ways-- they are economical and "green" because they recycle, and seeing those little snippets of fabrics bring us pleasure and often memories.

Last summer I decided to do a similar quilt, with darks and lights. I decided to piece the light portion also. Why not? The more scraps the better, right? Well, yes. It just takes twice as long to piece it, that's all.

Mine ended up with over 200 different fabrics in it. It's twin sized. Makes me happy just to look at it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111051.jpe   attachment-111052.jpe   attachment-111053.jpe