Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: See the 2009 Houston winners!

Blog Entries

Thanks..running to look

Thanks for posting the link. I wish we could make the images larger to see the detail. Actually, I wish I could see them in person. Well, to be perfectly honest, I wish I could do that level of work. So impressive!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thank You for the post. The quilts are beautiful. Like Sandy said, I wish the pics were bigger so we could see the detail. I jusr cant imagine making something so beautiful.

WOW!! Those quilts are incredible. Thank you for sharing. :D :D :D

wow I have a long way to go before my quilt can make it there. Not :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Breath Taking :shock: :shock: :D

Those quilts are amazing!! I can only wish to be that good!!! What beauties! Thanks for posting this!

I am in awe!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of these days I WILL get to that Festival!!!!

Blog Entries
    Fantastic quilts, thanks for posting the link. Like others, I would really have liked a close up of even just a part of each one, so that a little bit of the details could be seen.

Wow! There are some very talented quilters across the world. Thanks for the link. I'm inspired now!

Blog Entries
    Great! Off to drool now!

Some really neat quilts. Lots of Texas gals won. One winner is not more than 15 miles from me. I hope to go someday. Hear it is awsome place.

I wonder how many hours of labor this represents. Thanks for the show!

Blog Entries
    Wow!!! You can make the images larger...just click on the thumbnail, then zoom in by clicking on the little 100% in the bottom right corner of your screen or use the down arrow to select what size to zoom.

Bellaboo, thank you so much for that link, these were the most fantastic quilts. I loved the ones made by ladies in Japan and I was so pleased to see the 2nd place winner was English. Of couse the American quilts were fantastic, loved them all.

Do they ship their quilts in? I bet that is expensive but if you win all that money, it's worth it. Thanks Ms Bella

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing all these awesome quilts.

Blog Entries
    Thank you BellaBoo for posting this!!! Soo many gorgeous quilts!!! :D :D :D What talent!!!

WOW :shock: 3 of the winners are only a stones throw away from me!!! :D :D :D It is amazing how many countries are represented in the winning catagories... I wonder how many different countries/people entered quilts in this show? I would absolutely love to attend this show one day....

Blog Entries
    Caryl Bryer Fallert continues to amaze and delight with her style and and growth. She's not content to stand still! She keeps pushing the frontiers farther and farther. I could see quite a bit of detail in the picture, and it makes me wonder how much more I could see in person? Some day - - -

Thank you soooooooo much for posting the link!

Blog Entries
    I read an article about the bigger quilt shows not drawing the American quilters like it use to. It quoted some quilters saying the out of country quilts were juried in over American quilters to give the show the international sponsorship. I know I've read bits and pieces about the controversy of the juried big shows and how any art quilt will win over any traditional type quilt. I go to Paducah and the quilts are fantastic in person. Most that are in Houston are in Paducah. That's the end of the quilt circuit for the big show winning quilts because the bigger prize money is given only if the the quilt is donated to the museum.

Blog Entries
    I've often wondered how much of the shows and awards are acutally political. I took a class from someone who does lots of judging. During the class I asked her about how it works and if that is true.. She said that sometimes a well know quilter may actually get penalized...her work may be recognizeable and they may think it is great...but not up to her/his "par"...I don't know about her response on that...whether that actually happens. What you said Bella about the out of country quilts getting in over the American quilts...hmmm...something else to think about. I don't really need to worry much as I will just enjoy looking at them either way...MY quilts won't ever be there! :roll: