Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III

Sign me up!!!! I have been waiting for this!!!! I'm thinking I want to be in the International Round Robin. Can't wait to hear more !

Quote Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    I have a question for previous IRR-ers... how expensive is it to ship internationally? I know this depends on where you're sending it to... but how big of a budget should I expect to have for this kind of project? I really want to do it but need to be realistic.
    Good question MegAnn.

Quote Originally Posted by LHUNT212
    I would love to do one of these! I am living in Germany (military base)but I have an APO address which is just like mailing to a U.S. address. It might just take a couple more days to arrive due to the distance. Would anyone have a problem with this?
    NO!! Would love to have you in my group!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    Woohoo! Sign me up again, though I think only for one group this time!
    I got my IRR1 back home yesterday, quilted and finished, and am so pleased with it, and cant wait to get my other 2 babies home from IRR2. :-D
    You did 3 of these at one time????? WOW!

I'm right there with you Abonda...think...think...think.
    Can you hear those old rusty wheels a turning???

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    OK, I've chosen what I'm going to do for my center!!! I'm going to start on it just as soon as I finish this wedding quilt. And the last border on the current IRR before sending it on home to it's owner.

Sending internationally varies to the different countries. I know sometimes I could send a package to Canada and the same weight package to Spain and it would cost more for Canada. Then, sometimes it would cost more to Spain. I just don't get it.
    If you aren't comfortable with sending internationally, it's ok. We all understand that it's hard sometimes with the state of the economy. There are those of us that are fortunate to be able to do this.
    But, on the other hand, people also have to understand that it cannot be the SAME people sending internationally all the time. That's just not fair to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Sending internationally varies to the different countries. I know sometimes I could send a package to Canada and the same weight package to Spain and it would cost more for Canada. Then, sometimes it would cost more to Spain. I just don't get it.
    If you aren't comfortable with sending internationally, it's ok. We all understand that it's hard sometimes with the state of the economy. There are those of us that are fortunate to be able to do this.
    But, on the other hand, people also have to understand that it cannot be the SAME people sending internationally all the time. That's just not fair to those people.
    I don't mind sending internationally. In fact, the idea of having my quilt travel "around the world" is what makes this exciting and fun. I love the thought that quilters from all over will be adding to my quilt and that I will be working on theirs!

Blog Entries
    If you are really curious about the costs to send overseas, I would advise you to go to the US Postal web site. Here is the link for pricing.
    http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...nal-prices.htm

I generally use the flat rate envelopes at first (since its smaller and the centers will fit nicely), then as it moves along, I use the Priority envelopes..then at the end I use a Priority box.....Remember you will be mailing 6 times...so you can do the math.

I am excited about a round the world sorta quilt, so I will send internationally!

wow that postage is a little too high for me to ship internationally I'm sorry. I can ship to an APO address or in the states. I really still want in. I'll do what I have to do! but if I have a choice? well you know.

if you send APO in a lg priority box , its 12.95, up to 20 lbs.. thats cheaper than send within US , same box is 14.95, but because its APO its cheaper. my Daughter just moved to England and we've already sent a few boxes. hope this helps....molly

P.S. i don't mind shipping APO.. whats one more box, and especially if has a quilt in it.......molly

Quote Originally Posted by vovoa
    I'm right there with you Abonda...think...think...think.
    Can you hear those old rusty wheels a turning???
    sure can!!

Have you decided what you are going to do?

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Yep, I love the idea of having my quilt really travel the world. This year my group is US, Canada, and France. I would LOVE to have my quilt go overseas again, I am totally willing to pay to ship internationally.
    It's expensive, but it's only every couple of months, so it's not so bad :)

Excited to do this again. I'd like to do something completely different from this last one.. hmmm.. decisions!

I have been wanting to try a round robin I would love to be included.

I'm having a hard time deciding between an appliqued square I love or using my Dancing Horses fabrics by Laurel Burch and designing a square. Decisions...decisions...decisions...

Never done one but sounds like fun. Let me know the details when the time comes. O.K.? I would like to participate in a group project like this. Thanks for planning and organizing this! Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    I got my IRR1 back home yesterday, quilted and finished, and am so pleased with it, and cant wait to get my other 2 babies home from IRR2. :-D
    Err, no. I did one in the first, and 2 in the second. I believe there are a couple of people who are in 3, but I think that would send me mad!

I'd like to make the next one for my friend, but I'm gonna have to get some input from him about colours and such, so not thinking too hard yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori L
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I don't mind sending internationally. In fact, the idea of having my quilt travel "around the world" is what makes this exciting and fun. I love the thought that quilters from all over will be adding to my quilt and that I will be working on theirs!
    I feel the same way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    Err, no. I did one in the first, and 2 in the second. I believe there are a couple of people who are in 3, but I think that would send me mad!

I'd like to make the next one for my friend, but I'm gonna have to get some input from him about colours and such, so not thinking too hard yet.
    Still, 2 is quite intimidating!!

Blog Entries
    I would advise against doing more than 1 at a time. We had several working on 2...someone working on 3 and then even somebody working on 4 in this current IRR. Its enough to drive even the most talented among us MAD!

I'm not sure what Terri's rules will be about participating in more than 1 group...see..part of the problem is that if something happens to you and you have to drop for some reason....someone else has to deal with replacing you in whatever # of groups.....a REAL problem. :shock:

I've got my pattern picked.... now to chose the colors :D so hard!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast