Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seeking input on the Janome S5 >

Seeking input on the Janome S5

Seeking input on the Janome S5

Old 03-29-2018, 06:48 PM

Default Seeking input on the Janome S5

I'm replacing my old machine and my DH really wants me to get the Janome S5. I'm inclined towards something less expensive. Our sons are going to go in together to help us buy this machine so I want to be sure I get the best for their money.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with this machine.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:39 PM

I have a Janome S5 ... I think it’s a great sewing machine! The bed is spacious which is always handy when quilting. It comes with 2 needle plates .. straight stitch and general purpose. The best thing is they pop off .. no more trying to fit a screwdriver under there and keep track of the itty bitty screws. The automatic thread cutter works perfect every time. It just sews really nice and is a solid sounding, but not loud, machine. There is a default 1/4 inch stitch button ... you can over ride that and move the needle to the right a little more .. even with the straight stitch plate. I feel the quality of the stitches is excellent. If you enjoy quilting, then you should get the machine that brings you joy to sew on ... whether this machine or another one. I would recommend highly though that you test drive the machine and make sure it’s something you love. Have fun!