Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier >

Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier

Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier

Old 06-22-2015, 07:05 PM

I bought a rolling carrier from JoAnn's and it was okay, but then I found a scrapbooking rolling carrier that is much sturdier and my machine fits great in it.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 PM

At our quilt guild show they had a Tutto sewing machine carrier and I really liked it. I didn't win, but decided it would be a great Mother's Day gift. I got the 20".

I used it it for the first time last weekend at a class. It was so great. I had room for my Janome 3160, small lamp, small electric fan, and all of the sewing stuff I needed for the class. The maneuverability was the best part since it has spinner wheels.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:29 PM

I bought a $25 rolling tool caddy from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy, heavy-duty, and affordable. My Brother 1500 (which is a big machine) fits inside perfectly. The tote has a pull-up handle, wheels, and pockets for rulers, rotary cutters, etc.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-r...ng-gear-090314

I've had it for about 3 years now.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:34 AM

I just wanted to add that my DD bought this for me at Sports Authority. It is also listed on the Sports Authority website. Search for 'wagon'. There are two listed; the second one has larger wheels, but the sides of the cart do not look as tall as this one.

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
I carried my Singer 221 Featherweight into WallyWorld and back to the camping section where I found a rolling Coleman cooler that my machine fit into perfectly, then bought the next larger size. The cooler has a hard plastic lining which protects my machine. It has a zippered lid with extra storage into which I put my markers, cutting tools, small rulers/squares/triangles, and zipper and mesh pockets on the outside. I purchased the next larger size so that I could put in my machine and cords, sewing mat, threads and stand, small fan and the fabrics for the class project. The next project is a tote that will sit on the cooler and will have a strap which will slide over the handle.

I also purchased a Tutto, but have never put a machine in it.

My daughter surprised me with one of these carts as an early Mother's Day present. It's great for retreats and for family outings. I like the handle on this one better because it connects to the sides of the cart rather than in the middle. And, as you can see, it folds up to about 6" thick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523095[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]523096[/ATTACH]
Old 06-23-2015, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
That little cart looks awesome, I think I might need one of those to live in my car! I'm always hauling stuff around, it seems...
That's where mine lives.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:53 AM

Get a case that protects against vibrations, I transported my Bernina 440 QE in the car trunk once in the provided carrying case and I suspect that the vibrations damaged the motherboard which had to be replaced ($1,000). The only way that Bernina leaves my house now is in the original Bernina shipping box.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:47 AM

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! Now I just need to decide which one works best for me.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

I just ordered the folding cart from Sports Academy. Thanks Mckwilter. I tote a lot of items and this is just what I need. Also great to keep in the car trunk to tote groceries in the house all at once . Free shipping today at Sport Academy online. I saved $11.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I bought a $25 rolling tool caddy from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy, heavy-duty, and affordable. My Brother 1500 (which is a big machine) fits inside perfectly. The tote has a pull-up handle, wheels, and pockets for rulers, rotary cutters, etc.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-r...ng-gear-090314

I've had it for about 3 years now.
I bought one from Home Depot (after seeing one that a friend had) a few years ago - it was $50, red and named Husky. It is super sturdy and fits my small Janome - even with it's hard case on it. Would highly recommend.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:55 AM

This is what I use with bungee cords to hold the sewing machine on it. It folds flat when not in use,

http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Personal...E7N8A0B9PN9HQB