Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier >

Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier

Seeking recommendations for a rolling carrier

Old 06-24-2015, 05:47 AM

At the time I purchased my carrier about fifteen years ago there were no hard sided ones. I pack all my fabric around my machine then anything else that will fit. I feel by the time all the items I have in there my machine is very well protected.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:27 AM

Nancy's Notions has a five piece carrier on sale for $99. I just ordered one but can't attest to it's sturdiness. It has a machine cover, pin cushion, and two sewing organizers. Order # UQOST.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
Sewnoma,
When my rolling case handle stops wanting to retract, I spray it with WD40. It also feels like it's close to breaking, but have used it 3-4 times a week for over ten years. Don't know if this will help your problem or not.
In my case I think it's lazy springs or maybe just bad manufacturing tolerances. The little tabs don't withdraw all the way when I press in the button that should pull them back. I have to hold the button with one hand and reach down with the other hand to poke the plastic tabs back in on each side so I can slide the handle down. So far it hasn't actually broken (I only use it about once every other month or so) and I'm just babying it along and hoping for the best! The rest of the case is fine, it's just the handle that's questionable.

I have a few things I want to pick up from Harbor Freight, I'm going to take a look at what they have. I have a handful of vintage machines that weigh a ton and didn't come with a case so I can use extras!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:49 AM

I always strap my machine into the seat belt. If I have a lot of things to transport I use my wagon.
mostly I use my large tote. http://www.landsend.com/products/ext...-bag/id_232440
Old 06-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I'm going to check this out and see if our local HF down the road has it.
Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I bought a $25 rolling tool caddy from Harbor Freight. It's sturdy, heavy-duty, and affordable. My Brother 1500 (which is a big machine) fits inside perfectly. The tote has a pull-up handle, wheels, and pockets for rulers, rotary cutters, etc.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-r...ng-gear-090314

I've had it for about 3 years now.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:17 AM

I love my Tuttos. I have a medium size one I bought for my FW, but I kind of wore it out, so I bought the Serger Tutto and it fits my FW even better than the medium Tutto. I have an XL Tutto for my Janome 8900 for when I have to take her somewhere.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Where do you find info on the Tuttos, please.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:48 PM

I use a plastic tub (waterproof!) that I fill with my supplies. The fabric I carry provides lots of padding. I then put the tub on s folding luggage carrier.

When I lived in Iowa, I had to haul my machine and supplies through rain and snow. No soft luggage for me!

Pam
Old 06-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
Where do you find info on the Tuttos, please.
You can search online. Amazon, Tutto has their own online shop, and Sewingmachinesplus (http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/tutto.php) are a couple of places. It looks like right now Sewing Machines Plus may have the best prices with free delivery, but shop around.

Dakota Rose, since you live in a large city, I would also check with either your LQS or a sewing machine store near you. I bought my serger bag (using for my FW) from my Janome dealer and one of my others from my LQS at the time.