Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To sell or not >

To sell or not

To sell or not

Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 AM

Please do anything that you have to, to keep taking your meds.
Take pictures of your work and then put it up for sale. You can always make another. I know a piece of yourself is in each piece, but better someone else enjoying it than you getting sick and not being able to make more.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 AM

People who can't sew to save themselves would love to have hand made items to use or give as gifts. My mom crocheted beautiful doilies and I treasure each one - because my mom made them and especially because I can't crochet with crochet cotton. So don't hesitate to sell your things. And take your meds - don't play games with your health.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:46 AM

TN Donna, What are you saving your goodies for? If you post your pictures, here, we will buy from you. I'd like to see what you've made. Eiltcoq.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 AM

I would be happy to "buy" from you as my sewing is not up to par. You need to always take your meds. I know they are expensive but if the Dr has ordered them, you need them.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Take your medications. There are a lot of programs out there that can help you. Frankly, your health is worth a whole lot more than anything you could make. And if you sacrifice your health, who is going to enjoy all the pretty things you've made. Besides, its hard for enjoy any of them if they are locked away. Some little grandmother would probably love curling up under one of your quilts. Life is too short. Don't make it shorter.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
Originally Posted by crashnquilt
Contact your doctor or pharmacy, there are several programs out there that you might even be able to get your medicines free! I can appreciate the wanting to help with finances because of the time of year, BUT, that is not going to do you any good if you are sick or in the hospital because you haven't taken your meds! If you are on social security or disability contact them to see if they have a program for you to help with medical costs and prescriptions.
I am just 55 and Social security has denied me 4 times.
Keep trying. They are just hoping you will give up and go away (figuratively speaking!), but when they do award it to you they should have to pay from when you first applied. God bless.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband , who never says anything, told me today that with all the beautiful STUFF I had made I should start selling it. I have always given it away. I could use the money to buy my medicine but I don't think I should. My medicine is over $2000 for three months but with my husbands ins. I get it all for $200 every three months. I have refused to buy it this time to help with finances and my feet and legs are so swollen they look like elephant legs. How could you ever put a price on a picture you cross stitched of Jesus in the Garden of Gethseneme, or the Last Supper or all the pillow covers I have made and put back in plastic bags in the coat closet? I even have stuff in the cedar chest.
Well, you might as well sell some it and buy your medicine. 'Cause if you don't, you could very well die, and then it will either get thrown in the trash or sold for pennies in a garage sale. They aren't doing you or any one else any good wrapped in plastic in the closet, and they may be very cherished and enjoyed by someone else who isn't crafty.

And for those of you who think I'm being an alarmist, as a Nurse Practitioner and a Critical Care Nurse, if her legs are that swollen, there are serious issues going on.
I too am a nurse and believe me,dead you will not enjoy any of your beautiful stuff.TAKE YOUR MEDS and get your legs elevated to heart level and if you have them put on compression hose before getting out of bed and TAKE YOUR MEDS!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 AM

a tip that may also help. Take your medication for fluid and lay down for a nap or take them at bedtime. I am not sure what happens but the Dr told us to do that with one of our patients and it was amazing how much better the pills worked.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 AM

I talked to my cardiologist. My med was more than I could afford. He had me fill out a form. If you are below a certain yearly income, which I was, the company will give you the meds for free. I've been doing this for over a year and it has worked out very well.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:46 AM

Perhaps you could post pictures of some of your work here. I know that I love crosstitch and can appreciate every hour you put into it. I just don't have the time to crosstitch and would be interested in possibly purchaseing some work. That being said, please take your meds! Your God given talents were made to be shared and I'm sure you have many more years to share them in if you take your meds.