Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
To sell or not >

To sell or not

To sell or not

Old 12-04-2010, 07:49 AM

I agree with PegD. I am an RN. You are doing a dangerous thing not taking your medication. You could have a heart attack from the fluid build up. PLEASE TAKE YOUR MEDICATION! PLEASE! We don't want to lose you and neither does your family.
Someone, I am sure, would treasure the Picture of Jesus in Gethsemane!
Post them for sale here on the board and PM me when you do. I know of several people here in Maine that may be interested.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 AM

I agree with PegD. I am an RN. You are doing a dangerous thing not taking your medication. You could have a heart attack from the fluid build up. PLEASE TAKE YOUR MEDICATION! PLEASE! We don't want to lose you and neither does your family.
Someone, I am sure, would treasure the Picture of Jesus in Gethsemane!
Post them for sale here on the board and PM me when you do. I know of several people here in Maine that may be interested.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:54 AM

I agree with so many others on here and from first hand knowledge do not do without your meds because it will cost you more in the long run. Walmart has a lot of generics for 4 dollars a month and while some do not work as well as others they are better than nothing. I understand totally the cost because my husband and I both take a great deal of meds every day plus insulin so the costs are high but a funeral is more. Do not hide your things away in a closet sell them for others to enjoy. You have put time and money into them and the people that buy them will enjoy them.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:10 AM

[]

I am just 55 and Social security has denied me 4 times.[/quote]

Keep trying. They are just hoping you will give up and go away (figuratively speaking!), but when they do award it to you they should have to pay from when you first applied. God bless.[/quote]

YES! We went through the entire appeals process for my son, it took 2 years! The first worker was considered one of the top workers in our local office. His denial rate was 97%! That was one of the top criteria for workers, to have a very high denial rate. They kept denying for really dumb reasons: one reason that a dr. didn't think 10-30 siezures per day would affect a 10 year old's life. oh my. So keep appealing. See if you can get the actual rating from SS: the criteria are spelled out for each condition. There are lawyers who can help you with this, who get paid after the award, from the award. And you get all the money from when you 1st applied. Don't give up. I have an outlet for everything you can produce, pm me for more info if you like.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 AM

I echo what has been said already. Also, another website to sell stuff on is www.artfire.com I opened a "store" on there last month. The fee is $10 a month and no individual listing fees. It was pretty easy for me to set up on there as well. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Cyn

Just think how Blessed someone will be feel with your beautiful work. Maybe you are suppose to be sharing your art and you don't have to try and get your value out of it- just get your medicines! God has plans we don't know about :)
Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband , who never says anything, told me today that with all the beautiful STUFF I had made I should start selling it. I have always given it away. I could use the money to buy my medicine but I don't think I should. My medicine is over $2000 for three months but with my husbands ins. I get it all for $200 every three months. I have refused to buy it this time to help with finances and my feet and legs are so swollen they look like elephant legs. How could you ever put a price on a picture you cross stitched of Jesus in the Garden of Gethseneme, or the Last Supper or all the pillow covers I have made and put back in plastic bags in the coat closet? I even have stuff in the cedar chest.
WOW DONNA,
maybe you could see it from the point of view that GOD gave you a talent someone else does not have and that person would be delighted to buy what they are not able to do for themselves.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:09 AM

Your health is #1 on your list at all times. Second your quilts which I'm sure are beautiful, will bring happiness of owning one and also help keep your health in control so you can make others to sell for others. So you see your making people happy by selling and their helping you stay health ,it's a win ,win sitution. SELL.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:17 AM

I think you should sell some of your items to help with your med costs, as your health is priceless! There are still people out there who appreciate fine handwork and will pay top dollar for it. Best of luck and health to you!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
My husband , who never says anything, told me today that with all the beautiful STUFF I had made I should start selling it. I have always given it away. I could use the money to buy my medicine but I don't think I should. My medicine is over $2000 for three months but with my husbands ins. I get it all for $200 every three months. I have refused to buy it this time to help with finances and my feet and legs are so swollen they look like elephant legs. How could you ever put a price on a picture you cross stitched of Jesus in the Garden of Gethseneme, or the Last Supper or all the pillow covers I have made and put back in plastic bags in the coat closet? I even have stuff in the cedar chest.
I'm wondering how I can get one of those husbands who doesn't say anything!! LOL! Mine says too much!

I agree, take your meds and take care of yourself. I would not recommend ebay, it is deader than dead right now. For instance, right now I have 3 auctions I put on last Sunday - 3 people have looked at the first one, 2 have looked at the second one, and 8 have looked at the third one (not craft related). And for this I am paying them over 10%??