Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: selling quilts

Hello everyone!
    I make quilts during the year and then sell them during November and December for extra Christmas money. My sister recently told me that E-bay had hand-made quilts on their site and had the prices were a lot more than the prices that I had on my quilts. Have any of you sold your quilts on E-Bay, and if you have , how reliable is the payment system?

Lyn

Blog Entries
    I don't sell on ebay, but they use the papal system so I think it is pretty reliable. I would recommend you always do delivery confirmation. Then you know someone doesn't try to scam you.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    They sell them on here quite a bit too and most sell. Look at old Sales on this board and they don't charge fees....yet.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lynmccoy
    Hello everyone!
    I make quilts during the year and then sell them during November and December for extra Christmas money. My sister recently told me that E-bay had hand-made quilts on their site and had the prices were a lot more than the prices that I had on my quilts. Have any of you sold your quilts on E-Bay, and if you have , how reliable is the payment system?

Lyn
    I have sold on E-Bay but don't get much for the quilts. People just don't appreciate their value. I have not had a problem with getting paid - I use PAYPAL - don't send until I get paid. AND I DO get delivery confirmation.

You can also take a look at etsy.com. Lots of handmade items there and the fees are much lower than ebay. You can accept PayPal there as well.

Blog Entries
    there is also a site called : QUILTS FOR SALE they have a good web site, do not charge unreasonable fees and let you set your prices how ever you want. they have been growing by leaps and bounds this year!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    there is also a site called : QUILTS FOR SALE they have a good web site, do not charge unreasonable fees and let you set your prices how ever you want. they have been growing by leaps and bounds this year!
    Very interesting site...