Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Senior Discount at JoAnn

Senior Discount at JoAnn

I have had a senior moment and can't remember when they offer the senior discount. Is it just 1x's monthly or twice???When is it????
    Thx much
    Charlotte aka softpatches
    GRITS
    Olive Branch, MS

I could not see where they give a senior discount.
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

will be interesting to see if they offer on a regular basis. only seen it once or 2x on occasion in flyer

Blog Entries
    Don't know about JoAnns, but Hancock has a senor discount (15) 1st and 3rd Wednesdays

I do know you can get a 10% discount on your purchase (regardless if on sale or not) if you belong to a Guild. Show them proof and you get a card stating you have a discount.

It looks to me like Joann's is experimenting with their discounts for various groups of people. The 10% VIP (guild/group/charity) discount is always available, as is the 15% discount for teachers. Lately they have on occasionally offered a senior discount and a military discount. They have also bumped the teacher discount up to 20% once or twice. And then they offer percent off discounts to all customers once in awhile. It means you have to be watching their ads all of the time in order to find the narrow special discount windows. And always read the fine print!

Dayle

Make sure to sign up for the newsletter, you will be sent an email with sales and additional discounts.

Blog Entries
    I asked them and they said they don't have a set time. So I told them there is no way to plan to shop for it and they said no. Hancock's is the 1st and 3rd Wed and then the 2nd Wed is Military; all are 15% on top of all others. So for me, being a senior and retired military I'm covered most of the month at Hancock's and I keep their coupons in my purse.
    Judy

And don't forget Michael's is an additional 10% off total purchase (except for coupon items) for AARP members every Tuesday.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

here it is every Wednesday, don't remember if the age req. is 60 or 62, just know I can't use it yet!
    They also have special discount days for military but I' not sure how often

Wow! I never knew about the group discount at Joannes or the possible senior one (not there yet!), at Michaels.

Hancock's does it twice a month 15% off the first and third Wed of the month

Blog Entries
    Your correct even the employees don't know when the senior discount is or what the age is! I've had it with JoAnn's and how they do business so I don't care. I love Hancock's.
    The Future is Now!

Thanks to all that replied---I too finally called & found that it is iffy at best. Only when they offer it & then it will be in their flyer. I too love Hancocks---Thanks again for the replies,
    Charlotte aka softpatches
    GRITS
    Olive Branch, MS

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    I asked them and they said they don't have a set time. So I told them there is no way to plan to shop for it and they said no. Hancock's is the 1st and 3rd Wed and then the 2nd Wed is Military; all are 15% on top of all others. So for me, being a senior and retired military I'm covered most of the month at Hancock's and I keep their coupons in my purse.
    The age for the senior discount at Hancock Fabrics is 55.

THANKS, for that information I'll be watching for it now !
    Dee

Today is the day the Lord has made..Let us be glad and rejoice in it!!

I do not think my JAs do this. But I will ask when I go today.

Ours does the senior discount but I can't remember when. I need to call and check on that as I need to go over there. I'll also have to check on the military discount. Best way to find out is to call them as it may be different days and ages in different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by softpatches View Post
    I have had a senior moment and can't remember when they offer the senior discount. Is it just 1x's monthly or twice???When is it????
    Thx much
    Here at our Idaho JoAnn's they will match any sale or discount Hancock's or any competitor has currently advertised. So I've requested Senior discount on 1st and 3rd Wednesdays in the past, to 'match' Hancock's with no problem. So I'm sure they will match nationwide.

I always put the current fliers from both stores, in my purse so that when I'm in town I have the 'right' flier available and show them the competitors ads, I've never been denied the discount.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

I have heard it is ongoing, but not advertized and that you must ask for it at the register.

Can the senior discounts at Joanns be used on items already on sale????? Our JoAnn's is really picky about no coupons on sale items. Our Hancock's is really pathetic here.....I know the one in Salem, Oregon is outstanding, but this one is pathetic.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

pal
    Whenever I buy in bulk at Jo-Ann's they ask what I'm making. It is always either for the Christmas stockings for the Troops or blankets for the VA or other "make a difference" projects. Never, ever, ever have they suggested that there might be a discount. And when I ask they just say "no". If there was some other place to go, I'd be the first on line.
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

If you belong to a guild, apply for the VIP discount card. That gives you 10 percent off on nearly everything, including sale items. froggyintexas

Quote Originally Posted by softpatches View Post
    Thx much

last time i was at joanne's, the young man running the checkout totaled things up, and then he quietly slid a piece of paper across the counter to me. then he whispered quietly, "umm...err...just checking, ma'am, are you eligible for this?" and i could see it was a coupon for "senior discount". i had to laugh out loud, and was happy to tell him, "yes, i am", and proved it with my driver's license! i was more than happy to get a discount!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Did you know that Joann's has a free app for iPhones or Smartphones? You can get it from their website. You automatically get all their coupons and discount deals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast