Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Senior Discount at JoAnn >

Senior Discount at JoAnn

Senior Discount at JoAnn

Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM

I believe the VIP discount can be applied for on-line, so that you can bypass the store. My mom doesn't belong to a guild, but sews for charity through a church group, and she received the VIP card.
As far as I know, the VIP discount, teacher's discount, military discount, and senior discounts at Joann's are all good on regular or sale priced merchandise. However, they are not supposed to be combined with % off coupons, and they are not good on remnants. They are good on Red Tag fabrics even when they are half price. Go figure!

I love the discounts, sales, and coupons at Joann's, but it would be better if they didn't make them so complicated.

Dayle
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Can the senior discounts at Joanns be used on items already on sale????? Our JoAnn's is really picky about no coupons on sale items. Our Hancock's is really pathetic here.....I know the one in Salem, Oregon is outstanding, but this one is pathetic.
If the senior discount works like the VIP card, then yes, the senior discount can be used on sale items. The discount is applied to NON-coupon items (minus on fine print restrictions). As far as the coupons being used on sale items - it says directly on the coupon "any one regular-priced item". Don't call them picky because they follow the rules.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM

My store has senior and military discounts once a year. Student, guild, VIP, and teachers discount cards can be requested through Joann.com. Be sure to sign up for coupons and flyers either at the store or on Joann.com. If you receive a fllyer through the mail have your name (address) scanned when you check out--this keeps them coming.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:37 PM

In our area, Hancock Fabrics gives a senior discount on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Joann doesn't have a senior discount, but they do give a 10% discount if you are a member of American Sewing Guild, Quilter's Club of America, or if you are a teacher.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:09 AM

Many JoAnn's stores give a 10% discount to those 55 or over on the total of non-sale, non-couponed purchases every Wednesday. You DO have to ask a 'knowledgeble' person (read store manager) in most cases, however. They don't like to volunteer such information it seems.